• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maisy, my little sweetheart

Sherpa

Warren Scout
i had to have Maisy put down today
She was completley incontinent and just wee'd everywhere, she was really damp as her hind limb weakness meant she couldnt wash properly.
Her pasturella got worse, and her breathing got really bad. she was squeeking and her chest was all crackly.
finally she had stopped eating, and only ate when sherpa did.

although she was quite bright i could let her go on and get worse and said goodbye today. she was very brave and such a good girl.
Sherpa knew cause i went to him staright after and cried and he snuggled his face in mine. he is out there in the run alone, staring at the floor. he looks so sad :(

So here is a toast, to the wonderful Maisy. Who started life as a cheeky, naughty little so and so, who i could have screamed at sometimes! she is the reason my shed is chewed to pieces, she is the reason all my storage boxes and runs were wrecked, and she is the reason Sherpa has made it so far. She was his little nurse and would do anything for him. She was also a little trollop when she was younger!!!

Maisy, may you be free, finally from pasturella and the hardships of life. May you run and hop and skip in Mums bunny garden in heaven, and may you eat all the toast and hard bread you like.

My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today.

SP_A0340.jpg

101_0818.jpg

101_0823.jpg

Just as a tribute. the hole she chewed in the shed
Photo-0323.jpg

P5260059.jpg

12072009090.jpg

P8220366.jpg

PA180082.jpg

P8220383.jpg

23062010615.jpg

23062010627.jpg

Sorry, went a bit piccie mad.....

I'm so sorry :cry::cry: you made a very brave decision though.

Lovely photos of Maisy (and that is quite an impressive hole!). Hugs to you and Sherpa xx

Binky free Maisy xxx

So sorry for your loss. She was so pretty.
Binky free at the Bridge Maisy, get into lots of mischief there! x

Back