• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Jolysium

Am I allowed to post items for sale?

Hi all. I’ve got a couple of runaround den snugs that I bought for my bunnies a year or two ago but that have hardly been used. Unfortunately I decided that my bunnies were too old and had too many mobility issues to use them safely so I never gave them to them. I was wondering if it was ok to...
  2. Jolysium

Thumping

Hi everyone. One of my bunnies thumps a lot at apparently nothing. There’s no trigger that we can identify. He lives alone in our living room and we spend most of the day with him. He’s 12 years old, deaf and blind, but otherwise healthy. He’ll sometimes thump a few times, then immediately...
  3. Jolysium

How do you know when it’s ‘time’?

Hi everyone. I’m really struggling and would appreciate your thoughts, though I know no one else can really know or make the decision. It’s about my 12 year old bunny Heidi. She has had decreased mobility and may have injured her foot a while ago (swollen and crepitus but undetermined if...
  4. Jolysium

GI ulcers in bunnies

Has anyone had a bunny that has had a GI ulcer? My Harribunny has just been in the vet again with stasis and pain in his upper abdomen. He had the same a few weeks ago and they didn’t really get to the bottom of it but he made an apparent full recovery only to get similar symptoms over the last...
  5. Jolysium

Tips for keeping bunnies warm

Hi everyone. My bunnies are indoors and free range but our house is very cold and I guess everyone understands that I can’t have the heating on a lot these days. I have got some oil radiators but even these are so expensive to run. The buns have snuggle safe heat pods that they lie next to...
  6. Jolysium

Hardly any threads showing up

When I go on to e.g. Rabbit Chat it says at the top right 12 of 12 threads... but there are hundreds of thousands of threads, why can I only see 12? All of them are the same, shows me a small number of threads and says that's all there are. Any ideas? Have I put a weird setting on somewhere?
  7. Jolysium

Clipping / trimming fur

Hi, can anyone advise on the best kind of fur trimmers to use for helping my little old lady Freda keep herself clean? She's maxed out on pain meds to help with arthritis but still struggles to keep her bottom and tail clean, so sometimes we have to trim soiled/matted fur away for her. We really...
  8. Jolysium

Recurrent UTIs

Hi again everyone, another day, another bunny with health issues. I think Harribunny has a UTI again so we’re off to the vet later. They’re reluctant to do investigations due to his age (11) but this is his second in four months. I was just wondering if people had experience of recurrent UTIs...
  9. Jolysium

Choking / diet change

One of my bunnies, 11 year old Heidi, has had a couple of choking episodes in the last couple of days, one time on a pellet and another time on a larger treat. She’s fully recovered quickly both times but I’m guessing there may well be something underlying that’s making her more prone to it, so...
  10. Jolysium

Does anyone know what food this is called?

Hi all, I’ve got this rabbit food that I bought years ago for my buns but they ended up just having the occasional one as a treat so it’s lasted forever. Problem is I can’t remember what it is and don’t have the packaging any more! Any ideas? Thanks [emoji4] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Jolysium

Long term pain relief options

Hi bunny experts. My little 12 year old, Freda, has had arthritis for years. She’s been on max dose loxicom for about five years and on cartrophen injections for about three years, becoming gradually more frequent, so we’re now at one every four weeks. I’m worried it’s just not enough for her...
  12. Jolysium

Rabbit in need - south Sheffield - any local rescues?

Hi all, I've seen a horrible post on a local Facebook group: 'Does anyone want a rabbit? My dog keeps attacking her'. :cry: I've told them to keep the rabbit safe and talk to rescues. Are there any close to south Sheffield? Thanks, Jo
  13. Jolysium

Giving medication - tips please

Hi, Harribunny, who will be 11 on Friday and has arthritis in his jaw making him very sore around the mouth, has a probable UTI. He’s been prescribed baytril. Historically he’s taken it on some banana but he’s refusing. He puts up such a fight if I try to bunrito him because it’s really painful...
  14. Jolysium

Ear wax? Infection? Abscess?

I’m at the vet with Heidi who has two soft but firm lumps under her ears, similar size each side, not tender, completely well in herself. Vet says might be build up of wax that has gone into soft tissue??? Sounds weird to me. He also said he’s got to ‘look up a treatment’ 😫 Anyone got any...
  15. Jolysium

Does anyone in the Sheffield area want some hay?!

Hi everyone. I have a couple of large boxes of Haybox hay to give away. They smell bad (as in stinky, not as in off) to me, though my bunnies seem happy to eat it. However they’re indoor buns and I can’t stand the smell in the house! Does anyone with outdoor buns want it? Don’t want to just...
  16. Jolysium

Heidi is making funny noises

Hi everyone, I wondered if anyone has had a bunny suddenly start making a lot of loud, almost snorty noises when eating? Heidi is about 8 and has never done it before - she buzzed around your feet in anticipation of food and sometimes growls if you drop more food near her when she’s already...
  17. Jolysium

Bunnysitters in Sheffield?

Hello people, I am needing recommendations for someone to come and visit my bunnies at home while I am away please. Failing that, does anyone know of anywhere with indoor boarding? I live in Sheffield, in Nether Edge to be precise. Thanks for any help! Jo
  18. Jolysium

Rabbits and mice

Hi everyone! Are mice an issue around rabbits?! We’ve got a mouse (I call him Pete) who comes and snacks on the bits of bird seed underneath the feeder. He’s very bold and will come out and explore even when I’m a metre away. Harrison and he pretty much ignore each other so far. Thanks, Jo
  19. Jolysium

Harrison ate crocus leaves... has he poisoned himself?

Feeling very bad... This morning, somehow, Harrison managed to get into one of the high planters and munched his way along several crocuses. He's only eaten the leaves, not flowers or bulbs. I've had a close eye on him all day and he's been fine, but I'm still fretting that maybe something will...
  20. Jolysium

Bonding without neutral territory?

Hello everyone, I'm after some advice please. My lovely old man, Fred, died a couple of weeks ago at the grand old age of 11. His bonded partner Freda is about 8 (unsure because she was a stray) and I have another single bunny, Heidi, who is also about 8. She's been on her own for a while and...
Back