• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tips for keeping bunnies warm

Jolysium

Mama Doe
Hi everyone. My bunnies are indoors and free range but our house is very cold and I guess everyone understands that I can’t have the heating on a lot these days. I have got some oil radiators but even these are so expensive to run. The buns have snuggle safe heat pods that they lie next to sometimes but are there any other things people use? Anything they’ll actually lie right on? Any tips welcome, thank you!

You can get self heating pet blankets that are foil backed. I actually just bought foil backed insulation from ebay (really its just bubble wrap & layer of foil) - its a massive sheet so I cut it up & placed under some of their cuddle areas eg under bed there is an old duvet cover (trapped by bed legs) so I tuck some under there. I too worry about cold house bunnies (one of mine is young so no concerns re: him)

Back