• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by cjmaclean

1. C

Buttercup, special needs girlie Herts/Cambs

Here is a photo of the adorable Buttercup in festive Christmas mood: Buttercup is a very precious little girl. She came from a terrible situation and we can't get over how sociable she is after what she went through. She will make someone a wonderful housebun as she just loves being around...
  2. C

Calling rescues - an hours drive from herts/camb

Update: there are still three baby bunnies left at Heathlands. I think they are all males. I will be putting them on the main RR site under Hertfordshire once we sort out the sexes, get names, etc. thanks to everyone who helped out!!
  3. C

Ooooh I've acquired some more babies

Hi Alison - I didn't know you were taking the babies as fosters!! that is brilliant. I saw them at Gillian's earlier this morning and they were all so gorgeous and inquisitive!! The ones with blue eyes are just stunning. You are lucky to be their foster mum - they are sooooo cute! Let us...
  4. C

Thanks Tam, we will try those two numbers you listed and see if they can help. If Eve can take two buns and I can take two buns (as fosters for Heathlands) that leaves another 5 to find places for. I am not sure where Gillian has gotten to in speaking to other rescues. I will give her a ring...
  5. C

Thanks so much for your help Eve. If we can sort something out for Sunday when you are at Caroline's anyway, that would be perfect. I know Gillian is in and out a lot at the moment as she has a new baby granddaughter that she is helping to look after. I will try to get hold of her later and...
  6. C

Thanks! I gave Gillian your number to ring as well. I am not sure what the time scale is (i.e. when this woman is going to dump the rabbits), but it didn't sound like she was going to wait around too long to find a rescue that will take them. Any help would be great! Those poor babies wouldn't...
  7. C

79 Mini-Lops Oxfordshire

Hi Beck, Toffee is a cute name for him. I am glad to hear he is settling in well. We still need to think of names for our two. Keep us posted as to how he gets on. I am very glad he has found a happy ending. Cathy
  8. C

79 Mini-Lops Oxfordshire

Hi Beck, I hope your little man is settling in now? The two buns we have are lovely - the male is completely sociable and came rushing over to greet me this morning when I brought his breakfast out! The female is a bit more nervous. They are in much better shape (physically and mentally) than I...
  9. C

79 Mini-Lops Oxfordshire

Hi Lorna, I just spoke to the lady who runs an animal sanctuary in my area (Cambs/Herts). She is willing to take a couple of rabbits and I am willing to take a pair on as fosters. I am also contacting my local RSPCA to see if they can take some also. My husband and I are willing to drive over...
  10. C

Female nethie wanted - Castleford, Yorkshire

you may want to contact Caroline at the Rabbit Residence Rescue in Royston as she just mentioned to me recently that she has gotten a single nethie female in. Her email is: rabbit_residence@hotmail.com and her phone number is 07904 397 378.
  11. C

Sasha my beautiful girl from the farm has gone!

Hi Carol, I am really sorry to hear that Sasha has passed away. At least she spent her last few months of life knowing what it feels like to be loved and cared for. I am sure she died happy and having found peace after such a hard life. Best wishes, Cathy
  12. C

Neutered pairs looking for new homes, Herts/Cambs border

They think it might be kidney disease and are doing some tests to find out. Poor Molly is really unhappy being left in the warren on her own while Ben is being checked out. They are a lovely, sweet pair of buns.
  13. C

Neutered pairs looking for new homes, Herts/Cambs border

Someone does indeed want Opal & Locket- Caroline told me today that they have been reserved!!
  14. C

Neutered males looking for love, Herts/Cambs border: Updated

Hi Alison, I have PM'd you with the update from Caroline.
  15. C

Neutered males looking for love, Herts/Cambs border: Updated

Hi Alison, We went to Caroline's sanctuary the weekend before Easter (8th) and there were four boarders there at the time (a very fluffy lionhead doe and her partner, plus a New Zealand white who was very nervous and being bullied by her partner). So I don't remember your nethie's being there...
Back