• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

79 Mini-Lops Oxfordshire

just re read 1st post...can either Lindsey or Katie ring the number and see how we can get 4 of these up towards Leicester?

As many as you have Jill :D You said 4 so we could take 3 for you depending on what Lindsey needs :D
I'm not sure about transport at the mo cos Neil nearly broke his ankle and can't drive and I only have a provisional so can't drive on motorways!

animusuk said:
As many as you have Jill :D You said 4 so we could take 3 for you depending on what Lyndsey needs :D

I think lindsey can only have outdoor buns so she could have the hutch...?I'm afraid I'll have to leave the arrangements on getting them up here to you 2 as I'm off on hols on Friday....do have rescue / house sitter!.....but unable to do much between now and then as so much else to do........

It might be worth seeing what cages they're in - I doubt the landlord would mind the cages going. Though I imagine they are possibly to small to be suitable. I think Anne said their were approx 60 cages so hopefully the adults are seperated so pregnancy won't be as big as an issue as 79 bunnies running loose.

Tam

Jill, I could foster a couple if they have a cage. They could live in my garage and I could make them a pen to go round the cage if its small. I have a van at work if you need help collecting them.

As you know, I am in Oxford. I phoned the landlord and left a message when I saw the posting last night. I am going to call him again and ask to go an see what the situation is. Ill get back to you when I have contacted him.

I am hoping to come to Leicester (subject to Angie) to collect Eve's French Lop so I can bring some that way.

Let me go and call the guy again.

Can I ask all the people who offered to take some to foster while I'm away/til spaces come up to please arrange to get the buns? As said before I can't be of much use this week but will take 4 of them in when backand more as space come up.......
If cages are needed let me know today and I'll arrange to get them to you...thanks x
PS any fundraising to help with costs of these buns will be greatly appreciated! :oops: :D

This needs to be properly co-ordinated.

OXFORD MINI LOPS APPEAL

I am happy to do this as I'm already doing it for the ones we are taking, whats 50 more between friends!!!

To save any confusion please could anyone offering practical help contact as below rather than placing your offer of help in this thread as it may get missed.

Any RESCUE CENTRES with placements to offer please call me, Lorna on 07739 147266 or email lorna@greenfieldsrescue.co.uk. Depending on where you are in the country we can then either organise bunny runs directly from where the rabbits are in Oxford or I can get them out on Saturday when we go and bring them back here and they can be collected from here.

Any PRIVATE INDIVIDUALS with SHORT TERM FOSTER PLACEMENTS or equiptment such as indoor cages to offer please email Sally Wyatt (our foster care co-ordinator) on sal@ljsarchitects.co.uk

Any PRIVATE INDIVIDUALS wishing to offer PERMANENT homes to these rabbits please email contact@greenfieldsrescue.co.uk However, you must bear in mind that none of the rabbits have been vaccinated, neutered or spayed as yet, many need veterinary treatment and many are pregnant.

Anyone wishing to donate money to getting these rabbits ready for rehoming please hang on and I will set up a paypal or bank account especially for this appeal so that funds deposited in it can be divided amongst the people and rescues who are able to help.

Anyone wishing to come to the rescue on SATURDAY afternoon to be part of the reception team to sex, health check,assess and document each rabbit as it arrives, please contact Sal@ljsarcitects.co.uk

I will ask the RWA to circulate this information on First Alert.

Lorna
Green Fields Rescue

lorna i have left a mesage to say i can take about 5 at the moment i have bunnys due out soon so could take more after that, only problem is transport for me because hubby is on call and my son is in plaster getting anywhere long distance is a problem but if anyone can collect and drop of closer to me in Essex i will go to collect them

eve x

Hi Lorna,

I just spoke to the lady who runs an animal sanctuary in my area (Cambs/Herts). She is willing to take a couple of rabbits and I am willing to take a pair on as fosters. I am also contacting my local RSPCA to see if they can take some also. My husband and I are willing to drive over to Oxfordshire to collect them. I gave the lady at the sanctuary the name of the landlord so she could ring him directly. I hope this doesn't cause anymore confusion, as I saw your message after I spoke to her.

I will let you know the outcome once things are sorted out. Thanks so much for your efforts in co-ordinating this massive rescue!
Cathy

Jill, what happened to that. Luckily we have spoken. Hopefully will see you on Thursday evening at Foss Park shopping centre with 4/5 bunnies. I will phone Estelle now.

DBARC have said they can take 10 (collection on Friday).

So thats 20 for Greenfields, 10 for DBARC, 5/6 for HB, 5 for Eve and 4 for Cathy. So, that's 45 sorted only 34 to go :D

I think some where only 6 weeks old so presumably littermates so might count as 1 lot as they could be housed together for a few more weeks.

Whose going to be going first? It would be handy if they could count up what's there and how many are living together so the exact number of pens needed could be calculated.

Tamsin

Oh, and Anne from the RWA who first took the call has asked me to pass on thanks to everyone that's helping. Even if you're asking around not taking bunnies yourself you're making a big contribution :)

Back