• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutered pairs looking for new homes, Herts/Cambs border

AlisonA

Warren Veteran
Rainbow and Marbles
rainbowandmarbles.jpg

Opal and Locket
opalandlocket.jpg

Ben and Molly
benandmolly.jpg

If you are interested in offering a forever home to one of these lovely pairs, please contact Caroline at the Rabbit Residence on 07904 397378 or email rabbit_residence@hotmail.com

rainbowandmarbles.jpg

This lovely, older pair have been at the Rabbit Residence Rescue for many months - maybe even longer than that. Can someone offer them a loving forever home?

Rainbow is a 5-year-old neutered small cross breed doe and Marbles a r year old neutered cross breed buck, who came into The Rabbit Residence Rescue as unwanted pets after the children grew bored of having rabbits. Both were very underweight, had been kept in the dark and had been given no hay in their diet. Consequently they both have very weak teeth due to lack of vitamin D from not being exposed to sunlight and no roughage in their diet. Most of their teeth had to be removed as they were so weak, but they manage to eat okay now and are currently back to normal health. She was so undernourished in her previous life that she never got pregnant even living with an intact male! Despite living in misery for 5 long years of their life, these two rabbits are remarkably sociable and seem to know they have been saved. Therefore, this lovely and now very sociable pair of rabbits would best suit an experienced rabbit owner and preferably live in a house bunny home or at a minimum live in an outdoor shed with access to a garden.

If you are interested in adopting these two lovely older bunnies, please contact Caroline at the Rabbit Residence on 07904 397378 or email rabbit_residence@hotmail.com

opalandlocket.jpg

Hello, my name is Locket, I'm about a year old and I'm a now neutered male. I’ve lived with Caroline for 6 months. My owners were lovely, but due to relying on a pet shop person to give information on how to care for rabbits, they were given totally incorrect advice and sold me as a girl with my sister Annie.

I was a young innocent boy and didn’t know I was doing wrong; Annie and I became the parents of 6 children. The pet shop had also sold me, without realising I had misaligned incisors. Our owners decided to hand all of us over to Caroline. I currently have regular dentals rather than removing my incisors, as my vet thought they might eventually realign enough to file themselves down. Rabbit’s incisors grow 2mm a week so it was hard work, but it meant I could continue to eat carrot and hay more easily. After 4 months, my teeth were a lot better. My new owner will have to check them weekly, but in this case I’m better off keeping my incisors.

I hated being held when I first arrived and was scared so bit and frantically struggled, but I was kept in a 4ft hutch and not neutered so was very frustrated. Now I’m so happy, I run up to greet people and my trick is to stand up on my hind legs and tap people’s legs for attention. I let Caroline stroke me and pick me up. If you will love me, I will be your best friend.
Hello, my name is Opal. I’d really like to live with an adult family or older children. You could keep me as a house rabbit with my boyfriend Locket, or in a shed with a run attached. I’m beautiful and perfect.

I had a very muddled start in life and was handled too much. I got very nervous and anxious and tried to tell my owner I wasn’t happy by nipping her as I can’t meow or bark, but she didn’t understand. She wanted me to be a toy and always be there for her to cuddle, I was so unhappy.

At the rescue, I’ve been given my space and was taught to feel safe. Now I enjoy a cuddle and stroke, and love my hay. If you feel you can offer me the perfect home and not expect too much from me, as I don’t like too much fuss or noise, I’d really love to have an owner to love Locket and I for the rest of our lives, to spoil us, which we don’t get at a rescue, comfort and be gentle with us.

If you are interested in adopting these two lovely bunnies, please contact Caroline at the Rabbit Residence on 07904 397378 or email rabbit_residence@hotmail.com

benandmolly.jpg

Ben is a 4-year-old neutered Lionhead buck that came into The Rabbit Residence Rescue from a terrible situation. He had been kept outside in a tiny patch of mud and was filthy with his fur completely matted. He was terrified of people and covered in wounds and abscesses from fighting with his brothers. It took several months of patient care to bring his health back to normal. He has a lovely, typical Lionhead cheeky personality and is now very gentle and sociable, and living happily with his partner Molly.

Molly is a 7-year-old neutered medium sized crossbreed doe who came into The Rabbit Residence Rescue after her owner was made homeless. During the spaying procedure a uterine tumour was found and removed. She also has an enlarged liver, but this has caused her no health problems to date. She has an extremely sweet personality but can be a bit feisty at times.

This very sweet pair of rabbits are desperately looking for a forever home with a loving owner who will keep them indoors as house bunnies or else in an outdoor shed with access to a garden for playing in.

If you are interested in adopting these two lovely bunnies, please contact Caroline at the Rabbit Residence on 07904 397378 or email rabbit_residence@hotmail.com

Love that pic of Opal and Locket. Looks like the one on the right is about to speak and the other one is saying "never you mind dear, I'll handle this". :lol:

:lol: I'm must admit I'm not sure which one is which out of those two, I think Locket is the dutch. What colour is the colour opal, (and don't say opal coloured)? If Opal is a sort of smokey rex colour, then that probably clarifies it :lol:

AlisonA said:
:lol: I'm must admit I'm not sure which one is which out of those two, I think Locket is the dutch. What colour is the colour opal, (and don't say opal coloured)? If Opal is a sort of smokey rex colour, then that probably clarifies it :lol:
Im pretty sure its a grey colour

oh :( Rainbow and Marbles story breaks your heart - why hasn't anyone given them a home? They look adorable!

Ahh, Opal and Locket are my dream pair! Top of my wish list - a rex and a dutch! They are gorgeous. Surely someone must want them?!

Ben & Molly and Rainbow & Marbles are still waiting for loving homes :cry: I don't think Ben is very well at the moment either, I seem to recall that he lost a lot of weight suddenly and is currently undergoing tests to find out what is going on :cry:

They think it might be kidney disease and are doing some tests to find out. Poor Molly is really unhappy being left in the warren on her own while Ben is being checked out. They are a lovely, sweet pair of buns.

Back