• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Chief is breathing noisily again!

Yes! My legs do that too! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Especially when I don't get enough sleep.

Well they said to get some for humans so maybe I will ask the pharmacy. Or ask about the artificial tears. I say me but it will probably be my OH (who gets everything really bless him).

I think his tummy is from where he pigs the food in front of him so quick. He is like a machine. He hoovers the food up in a panic in case we take it away and his little cheeks move so quickly. He eats the first lot in front of him then pings up the bowl with his paw to make the food at the back tip forward. We have to give him a heavy pyrex dish or the food goes everywhere.

Lillabelle is so dainty compared to him. She eats a little bit at a time like a little lady but still manages to be nearly as quicj as Chief but how I don't know. I love bunnies big personalities don't you? So funny. Does Sophie love food too?x

We have ordered Beophar eye drops for cats, dogs and rabbits. It seems to be one of the ones recommended on Google. Plus Pets at Home sell it aswell

Yes! My legs do that too! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Especially when I don't get enough sleep.

Well they said to get some for humans so maybe I will ask the pharmacy. Or ask about the artificial tears. I say me but it will probably be my OH (who gets everything really bless him).

I think his tummy is from where he pigs the food in front of him so quick. He is like a machine. He hoovers the food up in a panic in case we take it away and his little cheeks move so quickly. He eats the first lot in front of him then pings up the bowl with his paw to make the food at the back tip forward. We have to give him a heavy pyrex dish or the food goes everywhere.

Lillabelle is so dainty compared to him. She eats a little bit at a time like a little lady but still manages to be nearly as quicj as Chief but how I don't know. I love bunnies big personalities don't you? So funny. Does Sophie love food too?x
Ah, I've only ever met one other person whose legs do that! ๐Ÿ˜‚

I'm glad you found some eye drops for Mischief. I hope they'll help him.

What a piggy Mr. Chief is, oh my gosh, haha. He must really, really like his food! Clever of him to tip the bowl with his paw, too. It's impressive that Lillabelle can keep up with him with her dainty manners! I love their big personalities, too, yes, haha. Food is Sophie's #1 love in life, maybe number #2 after Casper. Or at least it used to be that way; she's not as much of a piggy as she used to be.

I use these, OKโ€™d by my Vet.

I will try these ones if Beophar don't work x
Oh good. I'm so glad they are ok x
Ah, I've only ever met one other person whose legs do that! ๐Ÿ˜‚

I'm glad you found some eye drops for Mischief. I hope they'll help him.

What a piggy Mr. Chief is, oh my gosh, haha. He must really, really like his food! Clever of him to tip the bowl with his paw, too. It's impressive that Lillabelle can keep up with him with her dainty manners! I love their big personalities, too, yes, haha. Food is Sophie's #1 love in life, maybe number #2 after Casper. Or at least it used to be that way; she's not as much of a piggy as she used to be.
We should start a funny walk club! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Yes I hope the eye drops help him feel more comfortable. He has stopped sneezing which I'm so happy about. I diligently sieve through their herbs every night and looks like it works! โค

Yes he is a right piggy! The only pet I ever had that loved food that much is my labrador Max. He is over the rainbow bridge now but he was such a piggy too! I don't think there is much in them now though.

Mischief just went round tipping up both their food bowls to see what was in there! Right on cue ๐Ÿ˜‚ He has found some greens in Lillabelle's bowl. She doesn't like the greens at the moment. They are small leaves. They both prefer the long leaved greens. Am I right in thinking the season for greens is really winter?

Awww so cute that Sophie is food is after Casper ๐Ÿ’ž I would love to say the same but it is definitely food first for both of them. But they do adore each other. Shows how much they like food though! ๐Ÿ˜‚ x

20240415_171753.jpg
Chief in his meadow ( well his litter trays side by side filled with hay) Excuse his dirty nose. We do clean it regularly but he hoovers up his herbs and gets a dirty nose! ๐Ÿ’™

We will try and get Lillabelle. She is hiding under the bed at the moment

Last edited:
Those are lovely pictures of Mr Chief and Lillabelle! They both look so cuddly!โคโค
Thank you. Well yes Chief loves his cuddle time and he is just like a teddy bear but Lillabelle turns in to a wild cat when we try to pick her up so she is cuddly for a brief second before we have to put her back down ๐Ÿ˜‚

My OH is trying his hardest to encourage her on to his lap when he feeds her her pellets but so far only two paws bless her. Considering she would attack you with two paws and look very ferocious for a baby bunny she has come on leaps and hops ๐Ÿ’œ

We should start a funny walk club! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Yes I hope the eye drops help him feel more comfortable. He has stopped sneezing which I'm so happy about. I diligently sieve through their herbs every night and looks like it works! โค

Yes he is a right piggy! The only pet I ever had that loved food that much is my labrador Max. He is over the rainbow bridge now but he was such a piggy too! I don't think there is much in them now though.

Mischief just went round tipping up both their food bowls to see what was in there! Right on cue ๐Ÿ˜‚ He has found some greens in Lillabelle's bowl. She doesn't like the greens at the moment. They are small leaves. They both prefer the long leaved greens. Am I right in thinking the season for greens is really winter?

Awww so cute that Sophie is food is after Casper ๐Ÿ’ž I would love to say the same but it is definitely food first for both of them. But they do adore each other. Shows how much they like food though! ๐Ÿ˜‚ x
We should! ๐Ÿคฃ

I'm glad he's stopped sneezing. Dried herbs can have lots of tiny bits, yes, so sieving sounds like a really great idea!

Aww, your Max was a piggy, too, like Mischief. That's so funny that Mischief goes around tipping up their food bowls to see if there's something in there. Sounds like he was rewarded with some of Lillabelle's greens! ๐Ÿ˜ That's too bad that Lillabelle isn't liking them right now. What kind of greens are they? I think it's mostly kale and stuff that does well in winter?

Well, I did say 'maybe'. ๐Ÿคฃ She often chases Casper away when there's food, so I think she's probably more like Chief and Lillabelle and has food in her #1 spot. ๐Ÿคฃ

Those photos of them are so cute! Aww, look at Chief and his hay mountain. Lillabelle does look very dainty compared to Mischief! They're both very adorable. ๐Ÿ˜

Back