• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

neville - tomorrow we try with florence! *pics - 7 days in*

Jesselle

Mama Doe
Neville's quest for a wife is still ongoing, after it sadly didn't work out with dwarfbun's Daphne.

For those who remember, due to not being able to find any suitable girls in rescues in Herts, London, Surrey or Kent (!), I was considering having a bunny brought down from Leeds to Leicester, who I would then take by train to St Albans. This was by no means an ideal option, so when the bunny fostering scheme of RSPCA South Beds contacted me about a girl called Florence, I was interested!

Florence's fosterer is driving her from Luton (25 mins) tomorrow afternoon to meet Nev. I couldn't turn down a local opportunity like this, especially with me being 16 weeks pregnant and less and less happy about train journeys carrying a bunny carrier!

This is Flo, she's about 2 years old and a suspected 'pretend' stray, handed in by owners who perhaps didn't want to pay the fee for handing her in. She's apparently a little timid still after all the change and her spay (2 months ago), a bit overweight too - but I'm hoping we can get her comfortable and happy. Finger's crossed - as Neville really needs somebun to love :love:

phpsize.php

Last edited:
Good luck,it know how stressful this must be for you !

Just a bit! Trying to get a bunny pair settled and happy so I can focus on the baby feels like a time bomb!

If it isn't an easy bond, I'm going to use rabbit residence to bond for me, so there are options :)

Gorgeous bun! Good Luck with the bonding! I'm currently bonding my Pip with Alfie the rescue, so know what you're going through. :thumb:

Oh God she is soooo cute. I really hope they get on well. What a beautiful couple they will be.

quick update! positive introduction, nose touching and all the good things you'd want to see. we've then had humping from Neville, which she allowed, but has become less happy about it now. no aggression, just moving away. Florence is quite scared and is a bit of a bunny statue at the moment, probably overwhelmed by all the change and new environment. I hope she relaxes soon!

the lovely silverrabbit came over to offer some support and to judge how she thought they were getting along. Florence is a pretty scared little bunny who's possibly not had much bunny interaction, so I think she just needs to get used to her new home.

After hours of bunny statue from Flo, I gave her a break in the other half of the pen as I was concerned she wasn't eating. She had a good munch and a drink and it seemed to do her some good.

She's now moving around freely, telling Neville no re humping and they've been eating nose to nose :) she's just attempted humping him - I think someone will be boss soon.

Back