• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Ruby please

Alvins mummy

Mama Doe
I know I've been absent for some time but I hope that you will still support me and give vibes for my darling Ruby.

She ate fine this morning but from then on just slept/lay about for the rest of the day, which isn't that unusual for my lot but tonight at about 6pm she totally refused her pellets. I then took her on the sofa, offered her pellets, kale, fungreek cruchie and banana all refused and I wasn't happy with how she looked, she looked unhappy. She produced no poos and kind of dribbled out a wee so by 2030 I was on my way to the out of hours vets.

They've taken her temp which was a little lower, her blood glucose was sitting at 14 and they thought her tummy was a little enlarged but not alarmingly. She's been admitted for overnight care.

Lots of get well vibes would be appreciated. Xx

Oh nooo ruby, love that little miss!! :cry::cry:

Hope your make a speedy recovery :wave::wave: major vibes going up your way!!

Poor Ruby :(
Are they administrating pain relief?
They are such a worry at times arnt they? !
Sending lots of get well vibes sent Ruby's way. :love:

Thank you guys.

Yes they are administering pain relief, metacam, they also had a stronger pain killer listed on the over night action plan that I had to sign that they could give her should they feel she needed it over night. I've called for an update and they said she is much brighter this morning, hoping around rather than lying at the back of the hutch facing the wall. She isn't eating herself yet but they said she has been taking stringing well but now beginning to put up a fight. Hopefully she just eats her pellets this morning. I've to call back about 10 to see what the normal vets say after handover.

I've just called for the update. They are happy her tummy feels normal and her temp is back up to normal range. They said she is hoping about like a happy bunny and eating hay. They want to see her pass poos today as nothing yet but she is weeing fine. They'll keep trying to temp her with pellets continue syringe feeding and IV drip. I've to call again at 3pm and all going well hopefully she'll be home. Xx

I know I've been absent for some time but I hope that you will still support me and give vibes for my darling Ruby.

She ate fine this morning but from then on just slept/lay about for the rest of the day, which isn't that unusual for my lot but tonight at about 6pm she totally refused her pellets. I then took her on the sofa, offered her pellets, kale, fungreek cruchie and banana all refused and I wasn't happy with how she looked, she looked unhappy. She produced no poos and kind of dribbled out a wee so by 2030 I was on my way to the out of hours vets.

They've taken her temp which was a little lower, her blood glucose was sitting at 14 and they thought her tummy was a little enlarged but not alarmingly. She's been admitted for overnight care.

Lots of get well vibes would be appreciated. Xx

Thinking of you and sending love xx

Ruby is eating by herself and the vet is happy with her progress. She is coming home tonight yay!! My only concern now is what caused it?! I've not fed her anything new and nothing different at home to cause stress, unless Layla or Alvin upset her but I'm at a loss. Fingers crossed she'll be fine now.

Thank you all for the vibes. :thumb: xx

So glad to hear she's ok, bet you'll be pleased to have her home xx

I'm thrilled. I kept her separate to feed her pellets last night she ate them on and off over a couple of hours but I think she just wanted to run and dash about as she was contained in a hutch at the vets so was obviously needing a good stretch of the legs. She seemed very happy and her normal self. Ruby is such a cuddle bun but she was a little pest taking her meds this morning :lol: her mouth was firmly shut and she was wiggling like mad. I have no idea how I'm going to manage at lunch time myself.

She has been nomming her breakfast and hay this morning so I'm really pleased with her. Im so glad I took her in straight away. Xx

Really sorry I missed this. :( Glad that Ruby has made a good recovery though. :thumb: Sending lots of vibes that this special wee bunny girl keeps well. xxx

What a wonderful relief!
It's easy to take them for granted until something like this brings us up short and makes us realise how fragile they can be xx

Back