• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for my little guy

MoonHare

Young Bun
I used to post on here as Mariposa but locked myself out! Little man, who is now nearly 8, was looking very unhappy this morning; hunched up, eyes half closed, not interested in food. Looked in pain with his back legs (he’s already on Metacam for arthritis). Been admitted to rabbit savvy vets with his partner in crime; all vibes greatly received 🐰

Hi, I remember you :)

Sending loads of vibes for your little man. I hope that the vet can help him to start eating again. Sometimes Metacam isn't enough to relieve the pain of Arthritis and additional medication can be prescribed to be given when there is a flare up.

I remember you too- I remember your avatar too.

Loads of vibes for your little man. Keep us updated please

Thank you all! Touched that you remember me (and my Henry Hoover avatar drawn by another member on here!) and hope you’re all OK.

Will certainly keep you updated. I think they’ve given him some other painkillers today already - Metacam’s been doing a great job until now but maybe he needs more now, as you say. Obviously they want to get his guts moving again and see what else they find. Will get a call in the morning unless anything else happens in the meantime.

He looked very sad and old this morning 😢

Hi yes I remember you too :wave: really hope your little man is feeling much more comfortable soon, sending lots of vibes for him xx

Thank you all 🥰

He’s been eating and pooping! Collecting him later. Have appointment next week anyway to check calcium levels etc (he had bladder flush before Christmas) so will be good to get him checked over again then.

He’ll come home with Cisapride and he’s on Metacam anyway.

It’s hard at this age now as it seems to take more out of him, and I know he won’t be around forever. But, keeping him comfortable while he is here, and seeing him enjoying life, is lovely 🥰

Good news :D Might be worthwhile reviewing his pain relief for his Arthritis when you see the vet again next week.

I'm glad he's well enough to come home today. :love: Sending him lots more vibes! I agree that with older bunnies it's all about keeping them comfortable and letting them enjoy life. :love:

Thanks all 🥰

Omi, yes - will certainly be discussing arthritis pain meds next week as part of the review. They were “happy” with how his legs and spine were yesterday - think he was moving more naturally by the time they saw him - but definitely want to discuss it all with his usual vet.

I'm glad he's well enough to come home. Xx

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Thank you.

He looks really sorry for himself, not much interest in eating for himself. Have given him some critical care and he’s sleeping now.

Aw, I'm so sorry he's looking so sorry for himself and isn't interested in eating much... I hope the Cisapride and the critical care will get things moving so he'll feel like eating more again like he did at the vets. Sending lots more vibes for him.

Thanks all, he’s much brighter today - still not quite his usual self but a big improvement on yesterday.

Back