• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Totally gone off pellets!

Elly

New Kit
Since Tuesday morning Jasper has decided he just wouldn't eat his pellets. He'll eat hay, veg, anything else I give him but he's totally turning his nose up at his pellets. It got to this morning & he still hasn't eaten any so decided to try him with some muesli I had left from before...he ate that straight away!!

Do I just need to accept that some rabbits just won't eat them or has something happened to make him not want to eat them?

I personally wouldn't worry to much as he is getting Hay and Veg , I have 2 bunnies that come to stay with me here their owners actually only feed them veg and hay , Pellets are good fiber but hay is much better so my vet tells me.

If its a sudden change, he needs to see a vet.

Pellets are hard items to eat and if they suddenly stop, its possible there are dental issues afoot, as it would hurt to eat them - eating soft leafy veg may not hurt so much.

Any sudden change in behaviour is worth investigating.

Pellets are hard items to eat and if they suddenly stop, its possible there are dental issues afoot, as it would hurt to eat them - eating soft leafy veg may not hurt so much.

:thumb:

Very good advice.

Yes pellets are the first thing that Doughnut goes off if shes ill, otherwise she begs for them.

Back