• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ignoring/Blocking threads

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I'm desperate to use the ignore feature because I'm starting to really struggle with someone's posts/threads (which is my issue, no one elses). But I can still see the threads and so it's not really making said person disappear if I put them on ignore.

Is there any way to make someone really disappear from the forum (just from my view, not everyone elses)? Or is the ignore feature the only option? (Which, for this purpose is of no use)

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible with the current software. The only thing I can think of is maybe some sort of ad blocking browser addon that lets you hide certain things but it might end up hiding ALL thread titles!!

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible with the current software. The only thing I can think of is maybe some sort of ad blocking browser addon that lets you hide certain things but it might end up hiding ALL thread titles!!

That would be the funniest thing, but I don't think I'm going to try it. Thank you for the suggestion though. :) I only ask because on another vbulletin forum I use when you ignore someone you can literally make them disappear, and also, if you want to ignore an individual thread, that can also be done so you don't see it at all.

Nevermind though. Thanks.

I expected it to not show the posts either. It is a bit annoying because you end up kind of intrigued as to what they've put.

I expected it to not show the posts either. It is a bit annoying because you end up kind of intrigued as to what they've put.

Yes. I've never ignored anyone before so it was a surprise to still be able to see someone who you are attempting to ignore.

Back