• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

How long after a dental...U/D She's gone

Amy104

Warren Veteran
Before willow should be eating hay. She had it on tues but is still only eating minimal pellets and very little hay if any. She's pooing ok but they are ridiculously small. She is still eating veggies and is munching grass and raspberry leaves as I type.

Last edited:
Before willow should be eating hay. She had it on tues but is still only eating minimal pellets and very little hay if any. She's pooing ok but they are ridiculously small. She is still eating veggies and is munching grass and raspberry leaves as I type.

Did Willow like hay before she needed a dental or did she always prefer grass?
Julie had a dental on Wednesday. It took her the whole day to really wake up from the sedative but she is 8 years old and it was her first dental. Over night and Thursday she started to eat lots of hay again but she started drooling again on Thursday while eating. The vet said that it might take a week for the irritation on her tongue to heal. So a week to stop drooling.
Does Willow have any irritation on her cheeks or tongue from her teeth poking her? If so it might need to heal first before she starts to eat hay.

Yes it was quite a traumatic dental so some fair irritation. She was a huge hay eater before and only stopped the day before the dental. She's also got quite a lot of other issues going on so I'm stressing like mad. Maybe I'll give her till tues that will be a week then see the vet if no improvement.

Yes we've just doubled it at I was concerned it wasn't enough as she was tooth grinding etc. She's on a dose of 5kg of dog metacam.

She had pretty bad steps and spurs on the back teeth.

Yes we've just doubled it at I was concerned it wasn't enough as she was tooth grinding etc. She's on a dose of 5kg of dog metacam.

She had pretty bad steps and spurs on the back teeth.

Does she have issues with her tooth roots too and was there soft tissue damage in her mouth ?

No root issues I asked them to check because of her eye issue but I believe there is some ulceration to the mouth.

Started with mites she's completely bald on back end and fur hasn't grown back in two months. Then weight loss. Then her eye went red which vet says in blood. It's not bulging and no soreness around the eye or discharge just the actual eye itself. She's on panacur baytril metacam and ranatidine. We've send pics of her eye to Richard Saunders. She looks less miserable today now we've upped her pain relief. Vets agreed ulceration seemed to be healing on thurs when she had a check up.

Full EC like symptoms kicked in yesterday despite already being on pancur and antibiotics. She collapsed and then started fliping and rolling. She wouldn't even swallow the medication and in my heart I knew she was saying she'd had enough. We took her straight to the emergancy vets and I cuddled her at they ended her suffering, she was so poorly she'd gone before they even administered half the dose. My heart is breaking. Another bunny angel in heaven, I hope she is at least back with Bluebell where she belongs and no longer in pain.

Back