• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More foraging indetification help needed please!

megansmummy

Mama Doe
I have just taken the children for a walk and we were looking for bunny noms...we found plenty of dandilions, bramble leaves and sticky weed but then we found lots more and I would just like to check and double check that I have it right... (I know the bramble leaves are ok but i thought it might be useful to post them anyway!)

I know I posted a hawthorn pic before but here is another~
P1020828.jpg

Dead Nettle~
P1020824.jpg

Blue forget me nots~
P1020826.jpg

Pink forget me nots~
P1020827.jpg

bramble leaves~
P1020825.jpg

Can they all be eaten by bunnies? Are all the bits safe (stalks, flowers etc) or can they only eat certain bits? do they need to be dried or can they be eaten as is?

Thanks!

Hi there!
Number one is indeed hawthorn and you can feed leaves and stems, not the flowers or buds.
Number 2 isn't dead nettle but jack-by-the-hedge or garlic mustard (2names for one plant) tis bunny safe though :D
3 is forget-me-not :thumb:
4 is a wild geranium not forget-me-not but is still bunny safe;)
And 5 is bramble as you said:thumb:

Thanks very much...they had bramble leaves the other day already so last night for tea they had bramble leaves and hawthorn...went down very very well :thumb:

Back