• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Bertie, Debbie (Purplebumble)'s bun please

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
I had a text from Debbie earlier this evening to say that Bertie is at the vet very poorly with an infection on his chest. He is on antibiotics and if he fails to respond he will be helped to the Bridge. Bluebell is with him.

Debbie is understandably very upset and asked me to post for her.

Any spare vibes would be greatly appreciated.

Bertie is a lovely old cuddle bun. He is a real character and I so hope he can beat this.

Sending you lots and lots and lots of vibes, Bertie bun xxxxxx

I had a text from Debbie earlier this evening to say that Bertie is at the vet very poorly with an infection on his chest. He is on antibiotics and if he fails to respond he will be helped to the Bridge. Bluebell is with him.

Debbie is understandably very upset and asked me to post for her.

Any spare vibes would be greatly appreciated.

Bertie is a lovely old cuddle bun. He is a real character and I so hope he can beat this.

Sending you lots and lots and lots of vibes, Bertie bun xxxxxx

Poor bun :( I hope all goes as well as it possibly can *vibes*

I'm so sorry to hear about Bertie. :( I'm sending lots of vibes and hoping he can pull through. xx

Bertie is still with us:)

He is having bisolvin injections to make the mucus thinner and the vet is reviewing his notes re which antibiotics to use. He is still 'teetering on the edge' (Debbie's words).

I know she appreciates the vibes but is too distressed to post herself at the moment.

Come on, Bertie bun, you can do it xxxxx

I am so sorry to hear about Bertie. I really hope the meds help. Sending mega, mega vibes that he recovers. Send all my best to Debbie. xxx

Poor Bertie!! And Debs.She doesnt deserve all this **** thrown at her.

Come on Bertie!! Lots of love and vibes....Oh and Debs!!?? Im on your shoulder.xxxxxxxx

I text Debbie earlier to see how Bertie is.

She said 'Just waiting for an update but when I rang up the nurse said he'd eaten some more veg and had wee'd and poo'd. Still as noisy as a steam train when he breathes though. But the nurses have found them washing each other and went 'aaaw'. The vet will start oral septrin tomorrow and hpefully give him a bronchial dilator like an asthma inhaler if he is OK enough. He is still a very poorly bun so I'm just hoping hard he'll recover but it's up to him, poor old soul'

Topping up Bertie's vibes xxxx

I'm sending you all the vibes I can. :love:

We lost our lovely girl today, and it's horrendous. :cry: I hope Bertie can pull through.

Back