• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Natural Feeding

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
I thought it would be a good idea to make a list of things that are good and natural for our bunnies and wether these can be grown/foraged/brought.

So many people here have a wealth of knowledge on this subject :wave:

Well I forage for...

Sow Thistle
Dandilion
Nettle
Plantain
Brambles
Rose petals
Red Clover
Apple/Birch/Hawthorne Leaves and twigs

prob a few more but can't think at mo...there are 2more that's bugging me :roll:

Chamomile (grow or forage)
dandelion (forage)
plantain (grow or forage)
brambles (grow or forage)
raspberry leaf (grow)
mint (grow)
groundsel (forage)
nettle (forage)
hawthorn (forage)
milk thistle (never tried feeding it though)

Last edited:
Dandelion flower and leaves (watching the yellow flower slowly disappear is hilarious!). And long green luscious grass that we let grow in our back garden.
I chuck them strawberry stalks and grape twigs. I know it isn't foraging, but they are things you might otherwise throw away.

Is this what you meant??!

Dandelion flower and leaves (watching the yellow flower slowly disappear is hilarious!). And long green luscious grass that we let grow in our back garden.
I chuck them strawberry stalks and grape twigs. I know it isn't foraging, but they are things you might otherwise throw away.

Is this what you meant??!

it you know its safe add it in :D

These things are great keep them coming!

Just rose petals for me, unless I grow stuff myself because I can't tell for sure that it definitely is safe. Though I do have a River birch in my yard.. might try giving them leaves and twigs from it.

Well I forage for...

Sow Thistle
Dandilion
Nettle
Plantain
Brambles
Rose petals
Red Clover
Apple/Birch/Hawthorne Leaves and twigs

prob a few more but can't think at mo...there are 2more that's bugging me :roll:

Chamomile (grow or forage)
dandelion (forage)
plantain (grow or forage)
brambles (grow or forage)
raspberry leaf (grow)
mint (grow)
groundsel (forage)
nettle (forage)
hawthorn (forage)
milk thistle (never tried feeding it though)

all the above and....

Lemon balm (grow)
Rosemary(grow)
Rose leaves (grow)
Carrot tops (grow)
Lavender (grow),,,Id give small amounts though
Flat leaf parsley (grow)
Strawberry leaves (grow)

:wave:

Back