• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Cookie is not well

rachylou

Warren Veteran
:( My poor little girl is not eating! She is hudled up and will not eat. She looks very sad and uncomfortable.
I have made an appointment, just wating for hubby to get home so we can take her.
Vibes for Cookie!

Thankyou everyone! Should be leaving in about 10 mins. :(
Going to have to race to the vets, our appointment is at 5.35!!
I am also worried about Jims, he was only at the vets 2 days ago and he gets stressed :(
My babies are my world! :cry:

Poor Cookie, hope all goes well. I'm sure the vet will be able to help. I know its not easy but try not to worry, we're all thinking of you. Let us know how you get on :)

Were back.
Cookie has small spurs but she does not think that is what the problem is but has given her the usual jabs and we are taking her back in tomorrow morning to see where we go from here.

13 poops but I think these were the ones the vet could feel in her tummy already. Bring on more poops!!

She has eaten her dinner (although it was late) and has eaten her evening greens. She seems brighter in herself.
What would you do tomorrow, would you still take her in?

Defintaly take her in tomorrow, the jab (if pain relief) is obviously working and enabled her to start eating again and get her gut moving. You need to try find what caused her to stop eating in the first place if possible. Sending lots of vibes! Hope she continues to improve! Best of luck!

Back