PDA

View Full Version : Wasps!



halfpenny
25-06-2010, 11:19 PM
I was just taking the rabbits on from their outdoor runs. I got Oddeye and treacle first, no problem. Then went to catch Runt and Xena, suddenly I felt a sting, like a strong nettle sting on my hand, gave my hand a vigourous shake and then got stabbed on the leg- realised it had to be wasps.

Got Thumper and Milly in last, everybody else was in previously and are in a different type of run. After everybody was safe I grabbed a troch and had a look. All 3 runs have various sizes of wasp byke in them. I really hate killing anything, but I can't risk the buns, so its off tomorrow morning for some killer, before anybody goes out. I've slapped some vinegar on the stings and hoping I'm not allergic to wasp stings- very sore though.

Gemmapookie
26-06-2010, 08:41 AM
ew ew ew i really feel for you, you're so brave i'd have freaked out after the first sting!
Hope they're ok today and hope you manage to get rid of the little :evil:'s safely xxx

Lspacehopper
26-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Unless you've been stung by a wasp you can't realise how painful it actually is. I worked at a childrens adventure park when I was a teenager and one flew up my skirt and stung me on the bum and then I picked up a washing cloth and a wasp was in it and stung my hand. Ouch!

halfpenny
26-06-2010, 01:32 PM
My hand and leg are both still sore and swollen. I've kept the buns inside today until we get the nests removed. Just bought some nest killer and wasp killer- feel horrible aboout it but its got to be done. Only thing is, you have to be within 6 feet of the nest to spray it- its a foam that must block off the excits or something- here's hoping I don't get stung again. At least now I know I'm not allergic.

Mike did say if it had been him, we would have been chasing a rabbit around the garden, but I carried on calmly and got the buns in safely.:D

halfpenny
27-06-2010, 11:33 AM
The wasps are gone, I sprayed the big nest with wasp killer first and the nest killer after. Such a shame, when I went to clean up there was a pile of dead wasps and larvae, and the nest was destroyed. Still now the buns are safe and back outside, which is better on a hot day like today.

wally4eva
27-06-2010, 12:36 PM
It really stings:( I got stung once when a wasp landed on my top and I accidentaly put my arm down and nearly squashed it and it stung me. This was a thorpe park so for the rest of the day it stung:(
Hope your stings get better soon.

It must have been a hard thing to do but now the bunnies are safe as you say:D

fluffiebunnie
27-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Unless you've been stung by a wasp you can't realise how painful it actually is. I worked at a childrens adventure park when I was a teenager and one flew up my skirt and stung me on the bum and then I picked up a washing cloth and a wasp was in it and stung my hand. Ouch!


:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry :oops:

I am scared stiff of bees and wasps.. I was stung as a child when running around the garden with no shoes on... I still dont wear shoes in the garden.. I am stupid cos I know I will tread on one again especially as my lawn is all clover at the moment :roll:

Grace65
27-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Same here one flew up my skirt and got me straight on the bum :oops:
it blooming well hurt aswell the crafty things. xxxxxx