• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Homecheck needed LEEDS LS16 5HA

Run area is almost complete. Just got to attach mesh on top and put a strip of turf in a section of it.

Will msg you about homecheck... :)

He sounds so lovely. :)

New run is nearly ready. The area in front of the hutch was a downward slope so I dug out all of the slope and levelled the ground. Had 4 sleepers (eco friendly softwood ones) delivered, 3 paving slabs, bag of sand and a tonne of soil. Cut up the sleepers and fitted them double height round the front of the hutch (like a raised border). Then filled area in with the soil. Fixed the 4 ft pens around hutch and run and placed the 3 flags down. Just got to cover the run and wait fro a friend to put a strip of turf in the run and in an area outside it. Good job I took this week off work, eh? LOL

Also just waiting on the new Guinea home; a loglap shed which will be here w/c 4 May. And I've been offered two female guineas for Gordon so things are getting really exciting!

Exhausted of Leeds.:lol:

He sounds so lovely. :)

New run is nearly ready. The area in front of the hutch was a downward slope so I dug out all of the slope and levelled the ground. Had 4 sleepers (eco friendly softwood ones) delivered, 3 paving slabs, bag of sand and a tonne of soil. Cut up the sleepers and fitted them double height round the front of the hutch (like a raised border). Then filled area in with the soil. Fixed the 4 ft pens around hutch and run and placed the 3 flags down. Just got to cover the run and wait fro a friend to put a strip of turf in the run and in an area outside it. Good job I took this week off work, eh? LOL

Also just waiting on the new Guinea home; a loglap shed which will be here w/c 4 May. And I've been offered two female guineas for Gordon so things are getting really exciting!

Exhausted of Leeds.:lol:

Sounds good - do we get to see any pics? ;):D

Just taken these. Not quite there - turf is being laid tomorrow on the mud outside the run and on the strip in front of the slabs. You can see from pic 1 where I had to dig out the slope and lay the sleepers. Put mesh down in the base and soil on top. Then laid the three slabs.

As the hutch is on a support stand, there is room under it for frollicking - and Ruby loves to go under there. I've put a tunnel under there - will put another one under as well. Am thinking of fixing some tunnels on top of the sleepers as well. And to make it look less cagey I might fix some screening round it. Oh, and I've just got a cat flap to go in the door that's currently open.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!

run.jpg

run2.jpg

run3.jpg

run4.jpg

rubyrun.jpg

Back