• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help Please!!!!

sam and nala

Alpha Buck
im panicing again sorry but i am

my rabbit is pulling is fur out left right and centre she has just been spayed yesterday and im scared shes ripped stitches out. she was pregnant when operated on she is lunging at me when going into her crate to try look at stitches shes gone psyco

is she pulling it out because shes stressed

or because she is thinking she is still pregnant

its £105 for emergancy vets consultation only what do i do
im a student and cant afford this really but will take her if its for the best

opinions please

Her hormones are probably all over the place at the moment.
Is she eating, drinking, pooing and weeing ok?
Try and tempt her with her favourite treat so you can get a proper look at the wound

she is not eating/drinking and wont let me syringe feed her she is being agressive as anything. she is pooing and weeing

If it's been more than 24 hours the painkiller will have worn off and she is probably feeling sore now. I think she really need to see the vet again- not eating, drinking and being aggressive are all indicators of pain. yu can try tempting her to eat with herbs, dandelions etc. If you can persuade her to eat something it might wait until morning but ideally she need to be seen soon.

i made some toast shes ate abit of it but i cant get anywhere near her shes so agressive i think had she not been spayed tonight will have been when she had the babies or at least in a day or two cos she is protective of the mass of hair she has pulled out

It'll take a while for the hormones to settle down. It's good news that she's eaten something anyway.
I would still take her for a check up tomorrow morning.

Back