• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

accident prone bunny

the only time i seem to post on here is when autumn gets her self in a sticky situation.
she was out in the hall and i heard a loud band and shes knocked the drying rack on the floor.
she seems to be limping, and i have felt her legs and cant feel any thing but she did go for me on the hind ones. she will be going to the vets tomoaroow morning. and emergany vets if not. what are the chances of a vets being open on good friday?
oh my boss is not going to be happy as im going to be mega late for work as well.

the only time i seem to post on here is when autumn gets her self in a sticky situation.
she was out in the hall and i heard a loud band and shes knocked the drying rack on the floor.
she seems to be limping, and i have felt her legs and cant feel any thing but she did go for me on the hind ones. she will be going to the vets tomoaroow morning. and emergany vets if not. what are the chances of a vets being open on good friday?
oh my boss is not going to be happy as im going to be mega late for work as well.

Stuff your boss.... bunny is far more important!

Does you vet have an out of hours emergency service? I would try giving them a call. If you explain the incident and the symptoms she is showing they will be able to tell you if treatment is needed tonight.

Is she showing other signs of pain? Is she hunched up and/or grinding her teeth? Is she still eating?

she has eaten as i used pellets to bribe her while i checked her over, shes back in her cage and is currently throwing a ball around.
she is walking on it and hoping around, and has just tried to climb on me.
when i last had dealings witht the emergany vet, they were unsure what to with her, so would perfer my vet if at all possible as they were very good when she was spayed. i will be calling them early tomarrow morning.
boss will be fine i hope, its just i work in a very large toursit attraction, and half our deperatment are at earls court for a exhibation.

If she's walking on it and playing she sounds like it can wait till tomorrow, so I suspect she's probably just bruised it.

Hope she's ok, keep us updated :)

just a quick update she is walking fine, has been on cage rest today with a little run this evening in a very resticted area. i think she just bruised it, as i can touch the foot and its not bothering her.
did try the vets this moring but wasnt open today but is tomarrow (sat) so just going to run her there in the morining just to ease my mind as its only a 2 minute walk.
i think she is like a cat and has 9 lifes as this is the 2nd time she has proper scared me. after her nearly eating posion before. im just glad shes ok.
thanks miss waffles and autumn

just a quick update she is walking fine, has been on cage rest today with a little run this evening in a very resticted area. i think she just bruised it, as i can touch the foot and its not bothering her.
did try the vets this moring but wasnt open today but is tomarrow (sat) so just going to run her there in the morining just to ease my mind as its only a 2 minute walk.
i think she is like a cat and has 9 lifes as this is the 2nd time she has proper scared me. after her nearly eating posion before. im just glad shes ok.
thanks miss waffles and autumn

Glad she is OK.

i have a number for a bun vet that is 24 hrs 365 days a year! in london.
watford...pm me if you want it ...they are excellent and will give you advice over the phone.
hope bun is ok;)
kellie

rabbitmum- that would be helpfull for emergancys, how do i pm you? as kind of new to posting ?

she did see the vet as well today and was given the all clear, she is going back in may for myxi jab, as was told september/ october is when its worse in this area?
charlotte

Back