• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Circling.......

Flopsy has had his new wifey since mid December - he is neutered and Jem is spayed. I have noticed the last week he has been circling her all the time.

My last bun used to circle all the time before and after neutering. He also used to mount my slippers:shock:

Does this mean Flopsy is getting frisky:rolleyes:

If so why now and not earlier.

my buns circle each other from time to time and theyre both neutered parsley does it more so to miffy especially if she's been to the vets

I've always thought circling was pre-mating behaviour...
But my Barney-bunny always rushes out to circle my feet. :oops: And he's been neutered for over a year now... it makes me very dizzy. Maybe it's an affection thing, too? :lol:

well i think it's adorable i love it i just wish parsley would still buzz coz u could hear him from upstairs lol

thats what i mean the noise lol he used to buzz like a bee then appear out of nowhre and run round your feet aww it was lovely just didnt like the 180 flip and spray of wee all over your face when you're lying on the floor cuddling them lol

I think originally its a mating/displaying behaviour but it can turn into a learned one so they do it because it gets your attention :)

Scamp does fast runs/binkies in a star pattern, crossing past me then gradually gets closer until he's going in a circle then flops over on his side.

you know i wish i knew what was going on through a bunny's mind theyre so gorgeous even the peeing (pre spade) we couldnt shout at him coz he did it in such a cute way

Thanks for all replies.

It certainly does get my attention:shock: Makes me go dizzy watching him sometimes.

Its a wonder Jem doesn't give him a nip cos it would drive me up the wall if he was doing it to me all the time. Even when she is having a drink from the bottle he gets under her blooming chin going round and round:lol:

Everytime I get the camera out he doesn't do anything - I have tried to get him doing his 3 massive sprints round the big garden like a whippet but by the time I turn the camera on he is that quick he is finished.:lol:

Jem must be such a chilled out bun to live with such a maniac rabbit.:lol:

your buns sound so much like mine parslys a live wire and on the go all the time really interested and excited with life and then miffy just sits and looks at him witheringly

Sure does sound like it - chalk and cheese.

Flopsy and Jem have use of run all day as its attached to their hutch but as soon as he hears the bleep of the back door go (attached to the alarm system) he come down the ramp, out of the hutch and sits at the run door as if to say "LET ME OUT".:lol:

oh dear me :lol::lol::lol: ours cn sleep under the rocking chair all day but if we've been out shopping nd come in with bags theyre stright at your feet and trying to climb in the bags to see what we've brought them and they ALWAYS know when we've got stuff for them

Bobby & Pippa circle each other at feeding time or when I open the door, because they get excited. Both have been neutered for years.

Back