• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

neutered rabbit is super stinky

gracieweg

Young Bun
hi all, i’m slightly concerned about my male bun getting suddenly very stinky around his bum area. for context he’s just turned 3 and we got him neutered over 2 years ago. since his surgery he’s never had any issues with his litter tray and has been very clean in general. recently, he’s started to show some hormonal behaviours, such as spraying urine at me and circling/following/honking at me far more than usual (as in every time he hears me he will come running and will follow me anywhere i go). he’s also been incredibly stinky, which i put down to his scent glands, however when i checked they weren’t bad at all. i still gave them a clean but it didn’t seem to help much. his poos have the same skunky smell, suggesting to me he’s trying to mark his territory in that way too? nothing in his life has changed in his life recently, same diet, people, environment etc. any advice?

Back