• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

fibreplex and bio lapis making her poo! loads!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:wave: well Bifs had to be seperated and put in bandits old cage whilst she recviers. Shes riped out a toenail on back feet..one each side but i inly noticed the one that was bleeding..she had gi stasis and the vet said to keep her apart to monitor her food and fluid intake and poo output!
I have noticed since the bite from where ehr and willow had the big fight after unbonding..but im bathing it and putting dermasol on it.

We gave bif some metaclopramide syrup the night early hours of gi stasis and then saw the vet..he gave her a ajb of it 8hrs later and a painkiller.
We used a whole tube of fibreplex in 2 days..and when it finished..bif did about 4 soft smelly poos everywhere..and poos were big stil but decreasing.
So i dug out the bio lapis and have used a sachet in her water bowl...and i am going to finsih the pack...7 sachets.and ive ordered 15days worth to carry on with.
Her poos are huge bigger than ive ever sen her do..and thers mountains of them! whoo hoooo

im confining her to the cage because of her toe but get her out to treat her and let her run around the sofa...and shes stopped weeing on her bedding and is doing it al in her tray. mainly cos i pit the tray where she kept weeing!
she adores the purple pro fleece vet bed.

when she had her very first visit to rob as a second opinion he said to keep her on bio lapis for 3 weeks solid. of course she was sharing with bertie but i did put it on the food and water daily for 3 weeks.
so maybe now on her own i can finely give her poor overstressed digestive system a good chnce to work much better.

has anyone used fibreplex one tube after anohter or shall i stay with the bio lapis only? she did a very smelly squishy poo this morning and i picked it up and the balls it was formed from were massive and idnt squish right away.it smelt but not the same as it usually does.

her tummys going to have a well earned holiday!

where would she be without fibre plex and bio lapis! and the allen and page food has protexin in it anyway.so fingers corossed her tumy might finally settle down.

Back