• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cloud and Sunnie

janice

Wise Old Thumper
Alistair who is Gisela's other half, dropped off Cloud and Sunnie to me this morning, unfortunately they had a big scuffle soon after arriving, followed soon after by another one. Cloud has sustained a small puncture to his ear. Just before Alistair left Sunnie went back for another go but stopped without me having to intervene. They have had another small scrap since which again Sunnie gave in very quickly. They now have some apple sauce on their heads. Sunnie has discovered hers and partially cleaned hers off leaving what looks like a mohican. Cloud is oblivious to his dollop on his head. I am hoping that one of them will start to clean up the other before too long and start the mutual grooming experience off for them. The past half hour has been very quiet with only a few SS pellets being eaten.

Alistair has taken one of the pet carriers home so ......... I have to achieve this pairing up as I have guests for Christmas and bunnies in my lounge will be a definate no :lol:

Watch this space Gisela

I am petrified of the one I need to do tonight :? At least the one I expect trouble from has no teeth :rolleyes:

Good Luck Janice, not that I think you need it :D

When I paired up the two Gyps, I used honey to encourage grooming and a bit dripped into Gyps eye.....Gypsy was a bit to enthusiastic grooming him and made his eye swell :shock: poor lad.

Good luck, hope they will be good friends before Christmas. :D Cloud does like to climb, so watch out for the "great escape".

Alistair said that you have a mini copy of Penny there. We need photos!! :D

When I paired up the two Gyps, I used honey to encourage grooming and a bit dripped into Gyps eye.....Gypsy was a bit to enthusiastic grooming him and made his eye swell :shock: poor lad.

Maybe the bunnies like cheesecake? One of my cats once jumped into the neighbours' kitchen and ate a big chunk of their cheesecake. :rolleyes: Can't be very healthy for animals, but it is very yummy for us humans. :D

Maybe the bunnies like cheesecake? One of my cats once jumped into the neighbours' kitchen and ate a big chunk of their cheesecake. :rolleyes: Can't be very healthy for animals, but it is very yummy for us humans. :D

The cheesecake is too yummy to have out, otherwise I will eat it ALL :oops: Just nibbling on one of the chocolate covered gingerbread type cakes .... yummy ;) :oops:

The cheesecake is too yummy to have out, otherwise I will eat it ALL :oops: Just nibbling on one of the chocolate covered gingerbread type cakes .... yummy ;) :oops:

My mother sent a CARE parcel for us, and included some real Nürnberg gingerbread. Thought you may enjoy the real stuff. :D

Leave a piece of cake for Frankie!:D

Last 45 minutes all has been quiet, they are sitting at the same end of the cage as each other. Cloud is comfortable enough to have a wash whilst sitting in the food bowl.

The past 3 and a half hours have been very quiet, no chasing at all. Still no grooming, but I am happy that they are not chasing.

Yup apple sauce or mashed banana - worked for a bit with mine with advice from Janice :D They still have crusty fur just above their eyes where it dried for a while :lol: (tho molly and charlie are full of crusty fur from the hibbyscrub to clean their wounds - so they look liek my piggie Tigger now with fur stuck up everywhere, very funny :D)

Back