• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which disinfectant do you use?

:wave: No I don't think so - white vinegar is a disenfectant-hadn't thought of that - good idea I think - probably cheaper and less chemically based - do you rinse down aswell and then let it dry after?

:wave: You've hit the nail on the head, I've always cleaned their litter trays in vinegar cos I was always worried what was in any cleaning products that they might lick up afterwards. I use it neat in the litter trays, leave it to soak for a while, then give them a really good rinse in hot water and leave to dry (or dry them with kitchen roll if I'm in a rush). In the dog crate (if I'm not taking the tray out to wash) then I just pour a drop of vinegar onto a damp cloth and wipe it around, then wash the cloth out and wipe it again.

I got a 5 litre container of white vinegar from a local food store shop near my house for about £3, I've been using it for a year (as well as using it for relish making and pickling) and theres still about a 3rd left, so yes, cheap a well. :D

Back