• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Three Very brave babies!!

Do you think Kirsty will keep Ivy?

• Total voters
:cry::cry::cry::cry: I'm so soo sorry Kirsty, I know just how much little Willow meant to you. You must be absolutely devastated :cry::cry::cry:

It's hard to comprehend that anyone who looks so perfect as little Willow could have something badly wrong with them.

Willow couldn't have been in better care or loved more for the last 5 1/2 weeks.

Thank you so much:oops:!! Yes I am totally devestated... still wanted to keep that little one!!:cry: Keep seeing the pictures of her and Tilly together, and then remeber that she just died!!!! gutted! :cry:

I'm so sorry to read this:cry:...sleep tight baby willow.

Hope mum and the other babies are ok. sending positive vibes. xxxx

Have you got rabbits of your own, if it was one of my rescue rabbits at any of my fosterers I would most definately have a pm done to make sure hers was safe.
So sorry for your loss

So very very sorry. This has must have been heart-breaking for you, but no-one could have done more. Binky free, little Willow :cry:

Have you got rabbits of your own, if it was one of my rescue rabbits at any of my fosterers I would most definately have a pm done to make sure hers was safe.
So sorry for your loss

I do have 2 of my own bunnies, but Missy is such a rouge that I had to movethem totally away and out of sight of the other bunnies, they have their own piece of grass, that no rescue bunny is allowed near as it makes her and Timmy fight, They are going for a check up in a day or two to be sure. It's more the other foster rabbits I'm worried about, (Tinkerbell Sooty Fidget & Elliot) they all got rescued from the same home, and although they are separate, they shared the rest of the grass, (though not since horthorne died.... that area has been blocked off) By sharing I mean they each have their own run, but the runs get moved round the garden randomly, depending on how bad the grass is (our garden gets flooded)

Just hope all is ok. I am sure if you ask Lucy she will allow a pm to be done as if it is something untoward it may affect rabbits coming and going of your premises.

Only just read this thread, im so sorry 4 your loss.You must be devestated :cry:.
Hope tilly and ivy will be ok.

Just hope all is ok. I am sure if you ask Lucy she will allow a pm to be done as if it is something untoward it may affect rabbits coming and going of your premises.

I love the way everyone is talking about it as if I have no idea what is going on! The pm has already been done on both. If the vets have no idea what has killed them there is little else we can do but observe at the moment.

It's so awful to have saved these rabbits from their terrible fate for this to be happening.:(

I love the way everyone is talking about it as if I have no idea what is going on! The pm has already been done on both. If the vets have no idea what has killed them there is little else we can do but observe at the moment.

It's so awful to have saved these rabbits from their terrible fate for this to be happening.:(
I think it's because the fosterer said "basic pms were done on both" but not sure if funds to do full one..?

Very sad..lets hope all the others are ok..at least they were cared for well for a while

I am so sorry that you have lost another bunny. Maybe you should stop the readigrass as it does cause bloat in some bunnies and also the sugary carrots. I would personally just feed pellets and lots of hay to the remaining baby. Because you don't know what has happened to them, it might be best to eliminate anything that could be a problem. The chances are its something completely outside your control, but better to be safe.

I don't know if we have the funds to pay for all that... they are my foster buns, It's not my decision to make... I know he did basic PM's on both buns that died... one had slightly swollen intestines (horthorne) and Willow was just a bit gassy. All Lucy could think was that they just weren't built right as they were interbred.

This just isn't fair, ow am I supposed to know they are sick when everything is normal!!!!!!!!!! :cry: I'm so paranoid now about the other buns, I'm going out like every 5 min, but they have all been kept seperate, but still, they are all acting the same as always... but so was Willow!!!! :cry:

Sometimes there are no signs to warn of a problem. I lost 3 5 month old sisters last year. All within 48 hours. They went from being perfectly well, eating pooing and binkying to being dead within an 8 hour period. It was found that they all had a congenital condition meaning that the exit from their stomach to their small intestine closed off. This caused an acute bloat and subsequent death. All lab samples revealed no bacterial or protozoal infection and food contamination was ruled out.

You gave Horthorn and Willow love and care and although it was only for 5.5 weeks they never wanted for anything and were happy. I know how completely devastating this sort of event is. I was terrified I'd caused my girls to die and until the lab tests came back I feared for my other Rabbits.

Sometimes a Bun is just not meant to be and there is nothing you or anyone else could have done.

Back