• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

shed

hot cross bun

Alpha Buck
my rabbits are in a hutch inside a shed that is kitted out for them but at night i lock them in the hutch would you leave them in the shed/hutch or lock them up in their hutch where its warmer?

As long as they are in good health I would allow them the whole shed as rabbits cope really well with cold weather. I allow mine to have access to their aviary 24/7 and they have been like this for the last few winters.

I let mine run in the shed with the hutch open...then at night I put them in the hutch..(.its a 6ft hutch) for more warmth and comfort.Then in the morning I let them out again.

I let mine have access to their W/house and run 24/7 - most of the time they are in the run part, even in freezing temps....tho they are slightly bonkers! :lol:

This is my buns first winter. They live in a shed, with a hutch inside if they want it, with 24 hour access to their run via a tunnel. I do keep worrying whether they'll be warm enough but everytime I go and see them they are usually outside or just happily hopping around shed, never snuggled up to keep warm like I would be if I was out there!!! I read somewhere that if you feel a rabbits neck / by their ears - if it's wamr they are still warm.. my bunnies are always wamr there :)

Scarlet has her run 24/7. It was incredibly windy here the other week so I did shut her in her hutch overnight. She was so cross she thumped and she binkied like mad when I let her out the next morning. I only shut her in if I think it's absolutely necessary.

Back