• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit Vaccination Clinic

ArkVets

New Kit
We are holding a Rabbit Vaccination Clinic at our surgery, Ark Veterinary Centre, in Colchester on 18th June 2016.
Vaccination and nail clip will be only £20. No appointment necessary, first come first served basis.
Any queries please call us on 01206 572410

Ark Veterinary Centre
14 Church Lane
Colchester
CO3 4AF

We are holding a Rabbit Vaccination Clinic at our surgery, Ark Veterinary Centre, in Colchester on 18th June 2016.
Vaccination and nail clip will be only £20. No appointment necessary, first come first served basis.

Ark Veterinary Centre
14 Church Lane
Colchester
CO3 4AF

Is this for the Nobivac Myxo-RHD Vaccine or for the Imported RHD2 Vaccine ? :)

Ark Veterinary Centre
14 Church Lane
Colchester
CO3 4AF

Hi there and welcome to RU :wave:

I'm bumping this up so that anyone near you can get in touch for more details.

I am assuming you mean the combi vaccine?

I'd also be interested to know whether this is for the nobivac or for the new imported RHD2 vaccine. I'll be honest I'd be a bit worried about doing a turn-up-without-an-appointment at the moment, as RHD2 has been confirmed very close by within the past couple of weeks, so having lots of bunnies turning up and waiting at the same time isn't necessarily going to be a great thing at the moment :-/

I'd also be interested to know whether this is for the nobivac or for the new imported RHD2 vaccine. I'll be honest I'd be a bit worried about doing a turn-up-without-an-appointment at the moment, as RHD2 has been confirmed very close by within the past couple of weeks, so having lots of bunnies turning up and waiting at the same time isn't necessarily going to be a great thing at the moment :-/

I would never turn up without an appointment anyway. Unfair on the bunnies if there is a long wait and at the end of it, no vaccination. I don't know who would be more disappointed, me or the buns! :)

Yes, at the moment that's how I feel about any situation where-by a lot of Rabbits from various locations are gathered together. There have been too many VHD2 confirmed deaths from different areas within the UK. My Vet is going to come here to do my VHD2 vaccines if I decide to go ahead with it.

Promoting vaccination is obviously a good thing, it's just that with the current VHD2 situation I am not sure that 'open house' vaccination clinics is the way to do it.

I know I'm probably old-fashioned, but I like to have everything done at the vet my rabbits/cats are registered with: their health records are there so they know their history. I wouldn't, in any case, go to a wait your turn appointment. Vet visits are stressful enough as it is without the prospect of a long wait.

The vaccine is the Nobivac Myxo-RHD. We understand that the first come first served basis may not suit everyone, but those who wish to make any appointment are welcome to

The vaccine is the Novibac RHD. Due to the clinic proving popular, we now ask rabbit owners to book an appointment

Back