• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Matthew Rabbit 8 June 2007 - 2 April 2016

happybun

Wise Old Thumper
Matthew Rabbit
8 June 2007 - 2 April 2016
Peacefully, at home.
Matthew leaves behind his sister Tabitha, and neighbours Charles (Charlemagne) and Cecile.
Yesterday you were here
Today you were gone.
Rest in Peace.
Many rabbits have done excellently, but you have excelled them all.

Oh no, I am so sorry :cry: Sleep very well Matthew Rabbit. Sending a big squidgy hug to you and thoughts for Tabitha.

Oh happybun, I am so very sorry to read that Matthew has gone. :cry:
Sending you (((((hugs))))) of comfort in this sad time, and noserubs to your remaining rabbits.
Binky Free, Matthew. Sweet dreams. xxxx

Matthew Rabbit
Peacefully, at home.
Matthew leaves behind his sister Tabitha, and neighbours Charles (Charlemagne) and Cecile.
Yesterday you were here
Today you were gone.
Rest in Peace.

I am really sorry he has gone :cry:

As I have said before, if there is such a thing as a 'good death' then a Peaceful Passing at Home' is surely that.

RIP Matthew xx

:( Oh no, I know it may sound strange but I was only thinking of your bunnies yesterday and how well they have been. Really sorry you have lost Matthew. It is very sad news. Hope you are OK. Xxx

I have been really lucky, they've been well since Tabby's troublesome spay when they were two years old. The remaining three will be nine in June.
Thank you, BYB, I am ok. I had a little weep tonight. Most of the day I was in denial. I had him in a box, but kept putting off burying him. Once he was buried, and I'd posted here, that made it real and I cried a little. But he didn't have illness or a long period of suffering so that's a blessing.
Tabitha really impressed me. She wouldn't eat breakfast, though she'd seen it. Instead, she went to the door of their hide, and stood up, looking at me significantly and virtually beckoning to me to follow. So I did, and could only see a fleece. Tabby jumped onto the fleece and lay down on in in sphinx position, again, giving me hard stares. Then she moved away and I checked under the cover and there was Matthew. When I'd moved him, Tabitha went to have her breakfast. I hope she wasn't expecting me to make him well. She seems ok tonight. When it seems like the right time I'll try bonding her with the others.

Matthew Rabbit
Peacefully, at home.
Yesterday you were here
Today you were gone.
Rest in Peace.

So sorry to hear this HappyBun, I hope you're OK xx

Rest in peace Matthew and love to Tabitha and her neighbours x

I'm so sorry :cry: thinking of you and Tabitha rabbit, and sending hugs xx
Binky free Matthew xx

RIP Mathew. Tabitha sounds like a very special sister. I hope she manages well without her brother.

Back