• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ivy has had her babies!!! *update post 198 - 13wks old*

Oh no!!!!! I'm devastated for you :cry: I went through EC with Dexy and I wouldn't wish that experience on anyone! Absolutely gutted :( sending loads of ((((((((((((((((((vibes)))))))))))))))) for you all xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no!!!!! I'm devastated for you :cry: I went through EC with Dexy and I wouldn't wish that experience on anyone! Absolutely gutted :( sending loads of ((((((((((((((((((vibes)))))))))))))))) for you all xx

Your PM box is full, won't let me reply :wave:

And thanks, I am sad :( but vet said it's good we know now when there aren't symptoms so it's nipped in the bud so to speak. Just :( it's not fair! x

Your PM box is full, won't let me reply :wave:

And thanks, I am sad :( but vet said it's good we know now when there aren't symptoms so it's nipped in the bud so to speak. Just :( it's not fair! x

Cleared :wave: (or should be :oops::lol:)

Yes, it's good you've got it early, but whilst I don't want to worry you (honestly!) Dexy was fine when we got him & then he deteriorated once he came home with me - the stress triggered it off. I'm not expert by a long shot and I'd love someone to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it might lie dormant until stress triggers it off and maybe some damage is already done? Dexy never fully recovered from the first outbreak, his legs were never strong enough for him to sit up on them for a wash or periscope and he fell over if he ran. Sometimes he fell over anyway. The second attack... Well we know how that story ends :cry:

I so so hope that I'm wrong and they have a very long healthy life with no damage/symptoms, no bunny deserves it more than they do xx

I think from what my vet said, treatment will kill of the parasite and as there are no symptoms at start of treatment, they shouldn't have any problems. They could also be carriers and not develop any symptoms at all. Obviously i'm not leaving it though and panacur all the way atm! My vet nurse friend said that around 52% of tests come back positive, so I guess there could be many bunnies out there carrying EC but who remain asymptomatic.

Sigh, talk about stress :(

I think from what my vet said, treatment will kill of the parasite and as there are no symptoms at start of treatment, they shouldn't have any problems. They could also be carriers and not develop any symptoms at all. Obviously i'm not leaving it though and panacur all the way atm! My vet nurse friend said that around 52% of tests come back positive, so I guess there could be many bunnies out there carrying EC but who remain asymptomatic.

Sigh, talk about stress :(

You do right, err on the side of caution!! I have also heard about how prevalent it is, but the bunnies don't show symptoms so people don't know when I was researching it. I really have my fingers crossed for you and bunnies that they're fine after this! I can't imagine how stressful it must be having to treat 7 bunnies on a daily basis!

Sad to read this update :( been following poor little Ivy & her bubs. I hope the treatment works quickly & they don't have any further problems. Snuggles all round & loads of vibes x

:(

I'm sorry I missed this update...

I hope treatment is going well.

Sending tonnes of love and ((((vibes))) for you and the bunny family.xxxxx

About 85% of all rabbits carry EC and live with it without any problems.
The level of the titer is the deciding factor. If it rises above a certain level it becomes a problem.

They should be absolutely fine.
I give mine a 5 day course once a year, just to be safe. The the scientific research on this is a bit inconclusive, some research concludes giving 5 day courses every 6 month is beneficial and there are just as many studies which conclude it does not help to prevent an EC outbreak.
Touch wood mine have been fine so far.

Fingers crossed, but I am sure they will be absolutely fine :love:

Thanks everyone, they are absolutely fine and dandy, no problems with their health :)

About 85% of all rabbits carry EC and live with it without any problems.
The level of the titer is the deciding factor. If it rises above a certain level it becomes a problem.

They should be absolutely fine.
I give mine a 5 day course once a year, just to be safe. The the scientific research on this is a bit inconclusive, some research concludes giving 5 day courses every 6 month is beneficial and there are just as many studies which conclude it does not help to prevent an EC outbreak.
Touch wood mine have been fine so far.

Fingers crossed, but I am sure they will be absolutely fine :love:

Thank you!!!! :love: This has put my mind at ease *wipes brow*

Unfortunately, I could think of a million better (and safer) things to do than give 7 bunnies - inc 2 lunatic "feral" adults - panacur everyday for a month :roll: The bubs aren't too bad and some just lick it up, but Baloo in particular is awful :( he attacks me every time :cry: I know it's not his fault, his previous owners treated him so badly that it's no surprise that he doesn't want to be handled but he has NO choice right now. Unfortunately i'm coming off worse with bites and scratches :( he just sits there sulking :lol:

Oh dear, sorry to hear this :( best stock up on germolene and plasters for the month :lol:

Ouch baloo sounds like he is giving you a run for your money at the moment. It's a shame they can't understand that we are doing the right thing for them.

Hope the rest of the treatments go better & that the bunnies are all ok, lots of vibes x

Ouch baloo sounds like he is giving you a run for your money at the moment. It's a shame they can't understand that we are doing the right thing for them.

Hope the rest of the treatments go better & that the bunnies are all ok, lots of vibes x

I know, just got attacked again during clean out :? he lunges so fast I cant move fast enough :shock:

Babies are 7 weeks old now :love: :shock: the 2 grey and white spotty buns have loppy ears now, though they can stick them up if they want to :lol:

And Daddy.. though his initial "B" doesn't stand for Baloo atm!!! :lol:

:lol::lol:lol: but I do sympathise - Slipper used to do this every time I tried to feed him! Tut tut Baloo the bar stool, your new mummy is trying to help you!

Those babies are still sooo gorgeous :love: Are they still doing well, Ivy too?

And how is Mr Baloo? Has he been any better with the biting & scratching? Perhaps you could get some thick gloves to save your hands a bit - ouch!

Back