• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is bonding ever going to work?

I had terrible trouble bonding mine but i got there. I think cottonmather is quite capable of knowing what to do and i think sending them away tobe bonded is definetely your best option.

Thanks. I want to send them to Fayes as I know that she will be careful with them and if she knows straight away it wont work she can try to get a pair out of the best suited 2. My main problem is my OH and Mum are saying don't do it and if it goes wrong I know they are going to make me feel bad.

In that case, I do think it's definitely worth a try.

It may not work, but if you don't even try then you're going to have 3 single bunnies or will have to try bonding one or two of them with different partners - with the same risks of something going wrong.

I'm sorry but I have to agree with Jane on this, particularly regarding your two bucks. I tried rebonding my trio after my two bucks fought and it never worked out and poor Wilm ended up losing half an ear :cry: In the end I had to rehome two of my buns to a very good friend of mine but it was heartbreaking :(

Strawberry and Bungle have not fought yet. Strawbs turned on Snow when I made the mistake of putting them side by side. Strawberry has been successfully bonded to a male before.

In that case, I do think it's definitely worth a try.

It may not work, but if you don't even try then you're going to have 3 single bunnies or will have to try bonding one or two of them with different partners - with the same risks of something going wrong.

Exactly. It is not fair to keep them as singles when the only interaction they would get from me is 2 hours a night split between the two.

A pair and a single would work fine as the single could be free range in our room getting time with us at night. They would then have to go outside in the spring and I would get them a partner.

I dont want people to think I am not following their advice. I just think that by bonding Snowdrop and Bungle I have the same risks of her getting hurt as I do by trying the trio. I also know how happy Strawberry is when bonded, despite his bossyness and how well he went with Graham.

I dont want people to think I am not following their advice.

There are no right or wrongs. Advice is exactly that - advice. You take it all in and then you use all that information to make up your own mind about what you think is best. That's all you can do. :)

I have spoken to a couple of other people via pm who are very experienced in bondind and both have said how they react at home is no indication of how they will bond somewhere else so I am going to let all 3 go to Fayes to have a go at the bonding. Whether I get a trio out of it or a pair I dont really mind, as long as its whats bet for the buns.

Personally i would bond Bungle and Snowdrop, and then either keep Strawberry alone (if he doesnt like other buns) or give him a girlfriend.

I wouldnt try and bond after what happened. How they are at home could differ to how they are somewhere else, however, if a fight has happened i wouldnt attempt it.
x

I have spoken to a couple of other people via pm who are very experienced in bondind and both have said how they react at home is no indication of how they will bond somewhere else so I am going to let all 3 go to Fayes to have a go at the bonding. Whether I get a trio out of it or a pair I dont really mind, as long as its whats bet for the buns.

Good luck hun i think you are doing the right thing, it will all work out in the end even if you have one pair and a single x

Personally i would bond Bungle and Snowdrop, and then either keep Strawberry alone (if he doesnt like other buns) or give him a girlfriend.

I wouldnt try and bond after what happened. How they are at home could differ to how they are somewhere else, however, if a fight has happened i wouldnt attempt it.
x

Strawberry does like other buns, he bonded fine with Graham and Snowdrop on neutral ground. The trouble is that he is very territorial so attacked Snowdrop because I made the mistake of putting them side by side with Bungle and he had referred aggression.

Wishing you the best of luck. xxx :D:D

If I were you I would keep the 3 of them COMPLETELY seperate (musn't see each other) until you can send them to be bonded, let them forget each other, that will give them the best possible chance when they go away to be bonded, you've got to give a chance surely!?

If I were you I would keep the 3 of them COMPLETELY seperate (musn't see each other) until you can send them to be bonded, let them forget each other, that will give them the best possible chance when they go away to be bonded, you've got to give a chance surely!?

They are in three separate rooms and no-one is getting any free range time untill they go away now. (They are free range in each room so have plenty of space). Faye said I should swap litter trays over to keep them used to other bunnies scents.

They are in three separate rooms and no-one is getting any free range time untill they go away now. (They are free range in each room so have plenty of space). Faye said I should swap litter trays over to keep them used to other bunnies scents.

That's what Mr Bunny's foster mummy did before introducing him to Velvet.

Not sure of your history but my mum (star) turned on her babies (angel & holly). I seperated the babies (about 6wks at the time) and they were living in seperate hutch/runs for 6 months or so but could all see/smell/hear each other and then I bonded them and now all 4 (2 male, 2 female) live very happy in a shed at the bottom of the garden.

Last edited:
Back