• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Have Made Another Huge Mistake :-(

Jane, I'm glad they are all ok :)

I feel an absolute failure i got a phone cal to say the lit had died today that the lady took on Sunday she said he got runs! I was so shocked was it my fault? He was fine when i went. . :cry:

They should have gone to their home at 8 weeks old minimum, or else their immune system will struggle to cope. I'm sorry he died. It might be better to make your own thread though.

You have done your best not all buns want friends. Perhaps they just need time.

I agree. Not all buns want or need a bunny friend. Julie doesn't like rabbits or birds. She hate Raul (bird) but he likes her and seems to get a kick out of her chasing him. I try my best to keep him away from her. She almost sat on him before. Julie loves people and toy rabbits. Maybe later your buns will change their minds but for now they have you. You have tried and they have decided.

Its not failure on your part. Bunnies are very determined on what they do or don't want to do. Especially in bonding. xx

I'm sorry you weren't able to bond them :( Is it just that these guys don't get along or are males harder to bond? I thought they were the same level of difficulty as females?

I'm sorry you weren't able to bond them :( Is it just that these guys don't get along or are males harder to bond? I thought they were the same level of difficulty as females?

With bonding I think it is more to do with the personalities of the Rabbits rather than their genders, as long as they are neutered. I do have several Buck pairs and they have been my easiest bonds. But the single lads I have at the moment just dont want to be buddies :cry:

With bonding I think it is more to do with the personalities of the Rabbits rather than their genders, as long as they are neutered. I do have several Buck pairs and they have been my easiest bonds. But the single lads I have at the moment just dont want to be buddies :cry:

Jane, can I ask a question... Would you ever try to bond a single bun into an already bonded pair? Or is it best to leave the pair alone? I've heard of something called deferred agression, I think, where the bond can be broken between the origional two..?

Jane, can I ask a question... Would you ever try to bond a single bun into an already bonded pair? Or is it best to leave the pair alone? I've heard of something called deferred agression, I think, where the bond can be broken between the origional two..?

That's what I did try today. It is always a big risk as you could end up with the bonded pair falling out permanently. Fortunately that didn't happen, probably because I intervened before things really kicked off.

I dont enjoy bonding one bit. How Rescues cope with bonding other people's Rabbits I dont know. The stress would finish me off !!

That's what I did try today. It is always a big risk as you could end up with the bonded pair falling out permanently. Fortunately that didn't happen, probably because I intervened before things really kicked off.

I dont enjoy bonding one bit. How Rescues cope with bonding other people's Rabbits I dont know. The stress would finish me off !!

I would love a third bunny for Benson and Lola but I'm too chicken. If their bond broke I'd never forgive myself. Two it shall be. :)

I would love a third bunny for Benson and Lola but I'm too chicken. If their bond broke I'd never forgive myself. Two it shall be. :)

I always think if it aint broke dont try to fix it. Also, with three I think there will always be one Bun who is a bit left out. I have had groups before, but I prefer bonded pairs really.

I always think if it aint broke dont try to fix it. Also, with three I think there will always be one Bun who is a bit left out. I have had groups before, but I prefer bonded pairs really.

They are happy together. My reasoning was 1 - heat!! 2 - if one ... Can't bring myself to say it... you know, then at least there'd still be 2 left. Think you're right - if it aint broke..... I'm off for an early night. Need to get up early to change water bottles - the joys of outdoor bunnies!

Love to my nephew! :love:

Aw Jane, it's not your fault! Bunnies just are fussy sometimes :)

I had a trio - Mischa, Mini and then added Nutmeg when she needed a home. They got on ok but I never felt she was as stable within the trio. I guess with time it would've got stronger.

Back