• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finally got lights in my shed! UD/Post 10

BattleKat

Wise Old Thumper
Not the best photo but...

381443_10150536292369363_510329362_10809399_1192513183_n.jpg

Even in this weather I can put up with sitting out in my shed because it's getting so cosy in there :D
It has a string of about 10 fairy lights that were a temporary measure but I think we're going to keep in there, and hanging from the roof is a light I made from an old cheese grater - it throws nice patterns everywhere and I think I've finally found the perfect use for it in the shed :)

I'll add some more photos tomorrow I expect to show off the changes we've made recently!

Last edited:
It does look cosy! A bit of mood lighting! Next you need a cd player playing Chris de Burgh :lol:

The shed looks massive! What are the dimensions?

I need lights for mine - I don't want to wire anything up (read - I don't know how to wire anything up!) but I saw those JML lights (I think they are JML) which stick on and you press them on and off?

Anyone know if they're any good?

I'll try and get around to taking more photos tomorrow. You guys are the only ones who appreciate this kind of thing! Everyone else thinks I've lost it and doesn't care how much effort it's taken :lol:

only thing you guys are very wrong about is it being warm out there. Bloody freezing! I'm considering buying a duvet for out there so I can snuggle up :oops:

The shed looks massive! What are the dimensions?
It's an 8x6 shed, and I think the shelf they're on is about 2.5x6ft?:)

I need lights for mine - I don't want to wire anything up (read - I don't know how to wire anything up!) but I saw those JML lights (I think they are JML) which stick on and you press them on and off?
I used to have those as a kid iirc and they were like an LED torch? One wouldn't give off a huge amount of light but probably enough to see what you're doing.
Have you thought about one of those camping lights?
these sorts of things? I think there are some really good ones about, maybe a camping forum might be of help?

Here are the other changes we've made recently.

shelf used to have 2 small bags of hay, a box full of stuff, and food.
shed3.jpg

shelf now has a big bag of hay, food, readigrass, mixed herbs and stuff, and food bowls (which I never use but are too pretty to throw away!)
shelf.jpg

we've got a bottle bowl thing which is the best invention ever. They don't have to go outside to get a drink, it shouldn't freeze so quickly because there's no spout, and it's easier to drink from. They've just started chewing the cable in the last couple of days though :roll:
bottlebowl-1.jpg

gone back to using a hanging basket for a hay rack, but have made a kind of lid for it to stop the main problem of bunnies jumping in.
hayrack.jpg

reinforced the roof because the last one wasn't great :oops:
run.jpg

the shed used to look like this
shed4.jpg

and now looks like this - built the shelf to give them more space, put washable mats down to make the floor less slippy & cold, gave them a box instead of a hutch for a bed (they only ever used the hutch as a toilet :roll:), given them a bunch more blankets and generally rearranged.
387850_10150538148954363_510329362_10816257_1527865377_n.jpg

just because it's cute here's my christmas mat
xmasmat.jpg

and I just wanted to share this photo :love:
380888_10150538152939363_510329362_10816282_1295231584_n.jpg

Not quite finished but I think it might forever be a work in progress.:D

Last edited:
It looks like a warm, cozy fun place for bunnies. Is that last pic you? It is so cute that the rabbits are climb people.

You have put such a lot of effort and care to give your bunnies a lovely home.
they are very lucky:D

Getting electricity in my outdoor bunnies accomodation was one of the best things I ever did:)

It looks like a warm, cozy fun place for bunnies. Is that last pic you? It is so cute that the rabbits are climb people.

It's my OH.:) The bunnies really love him for some reason, they're rarely like that with me unless I have food :lol:

Back