• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dried herbs

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
as in the grounded down dried herbs from supermarket, my nan just gave me 2 little pots of basil and mint, said add it to mabels hay to make her more interested in eating the other hays, I have never done this before is it ok

I've never thought about this before, but my instinct tells me no. I think it's probably because dried herbs always seem just so dusty and old :) I would never use them for cooking.

I was also not sure how confident I could be that "dried mint" for example was just dried mint, so I googled and came up with this http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...e-totally-different-ingredients-10407772.html

If I were you I wouldn't. I can't see that it would do her a great deal of harm, but I just wouldn't.

as in the grounded down dried herbs from supermarket, my nan just gave me 2 little pots of basil and mint, said add it to mabels hay to make her more interested in eating the other hays, I have never done this before is it ok

Lot of folk have done this before, and it's perfectly safe. I haven't, but I see no reason why not :)

Lot of folk have done this before, and it's perfectly safe. I haven't, but I see no reason why not :)

thanks she gave them me for when she has to have her abscess removed and any teeth, she was thinking to get her interesting in the hay

omi I will read the mint link now thanks

I have known others to use the fenugreek but unsure on others

I would. I see it no different to us picking and drying our own herbs at home.
I actually might give it a go adding them to homemade toys.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back