• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a threesome

NickieM

Warren Veteran
I have a bonded pair - male and female - who have been together for a couple of years. I took in a stray male bun that I found in January and he has been kept in sight of the other two but about six feet away from them in his own little run and hutch. The pair do go and look at Felix and Wolfie (the male) did a lot of patrolling when he first arrived. I thought that Gloria was the dominant bun because she occasionally humps Wolfie, but I am not so sure now.

In the summer I looked after my friend's two buns in their run (my garden looked like a zoo!) and one of them escaped. She was running around the compound where the pair live and Wolfie kept chasing Gloria out of the way, so I wonder if he is the dominant one. He certainly seems quite territorial.

I have now had Felix neutered and would like to try and introduce him to the pair because I think he is lonely and I really don't want to get a fourth bun.

What would be the best way to start the process and in what order should I proceed?

The same as you would a pair really just a another bunny. Make sure its at a time where you have no distraction ie work etc. Neuteral territory is a must.

When I did mine I swapped toys and foodbowls around beforehand so they could get used to each others scent.

Back