• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. L

In Memory of May - RIP April 09

RIP Dear May (right) much loved and missed, never forgotten Lin, girls and your beloved Barley xxx
  2. L

Bitten by annoyed bun - treatment?

I was giving (or at least trying to give) May her probiotic medication tonight and she was objecting strongly - she sunk her teeth into my arm, through my fleecy coat I might add - I have 3 little teeth marks on my inner arm, she has drawn blood but there is no pain - do I need tetanus or...
  3. L

Is my cold dangerous to my rabbits?

Aw, thanks for all the get well wishes - much appreciated - feel okay in myself just headache and runny nose and eye on left hand side :roll: Anyway, glad to hear the buns probably won't suffer for it - though I'll have to make sure I don't get too furred up - they are moulting again - as the...
  4. L

Is my cold dangerous to my rabbits?

I've got quite a bad cold at the moment and I was wondering whether it posed any problems to my rabbits? I remember that one of our hamsters died a few years back after catching my cold - human colds are potentially fatal to hamsters. Wondering if it's okay to get close to the buns or delegate...
  5. L

Yawning bunny pics

All these pics are making me yawn - it's contagious but I won't bore you with a pic of me yawning!! :rolleyes:
  6. L

Corn and banana chips?

Ah, I had half a cooked corn cob left over the other day and gave it to Barley and May - they ate the lot (not the cob obviously) haven't seen any visible evidence of it when it's come out - hope they aren't bunged up :oops: I thought that as I'd seen similar in Pets at Home it would be okay to...
  7. L

Fleas...

Do rabbit fleas bite humans? If so, do they cause the usual itching and irritation?
  8. L

Barley and May pics

Here are a few pics of Barley and May - and my cat Sam who's determined to be friendly - they all get on great by the way :D My daughter decided to lie down whilst the buns were out to see what they did, she got a lovely bunny massage! Enjoy... Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4 Pic 5 Pic 6 Pic 7
  9. L

Have a look at this great Bunny Blog

Check this site out - some wonderful pictures. http://gardenplotter.com/rospo/blog/labels/rabbits.html
  10. L

Garden security - fence question

Those are great - thanks chaps for the details. I got in a bit of a mess trying to describe what I was after but obviously I gave enough detail :shock: I'll check finances and see which ones' best to get. Barley and May will be pleased with their new run - the wooden one's very heavy so...
  11. L

Blackberry leaves

Often wondered about the prickles but it doesn't seem to stop them enjoying the leaves - they can't eat them quick enough!
  12. L

Garden security - fence question

Where can I get the small fence panels (wire?) that folks use to keep rabbits in a specific safe area - am I making sense? I read a thread yesterday where someone had a beautiful new shed/hutch and around the perimeter area of the lawn, there were small fence panels about 2' high...
  13. L

Fudge loves his Weetabix

Mmm, hadn't thought of giving the buns Weetabix soo, I broke one in half - dry - and took it out to them just now, May was very keen and ate the crumbs from my hand - Barley was a bit more hesitant but did have a nibble after - so I've left it in their bowl. Now, I'm following suit and having...
  14. L

Another report to rspca U/D Very funny

Lucy - I live in same area as you, happy to lend a hand/support if necessary. Just PM me. Lin
  15. L

Buns in the Sun

Just snook a look at Barley and May before I went shopping and they look soooooo sweet together, sunbathing in their hutch. When I get back then can come out for a play. It's very much the 'aaaahhhh' factor here: Sooo sweet :D
  16. L

She can't be spayed but passing blood

I agree with the majority of folks on this thread, bleeding and buns is bad news. I lost Tinkerbelle about 4 months ago to uterine cancer, as you may have read on here before. The bleeding came right out of the blue and, not wishing to frighten anyone unnecessarily, I had her for four more...
  17. L

homechecks

Pretty sure I PM'd yesterday, could you confirm whether you've received it - few pc probs here. Ta, Lin West Mids Area
  18. L

lops and uppyears together

May - lop - seems confused with her ears. More often than no I see her and she has her ears mid-position or up - seems to use them such a lot - does helicopters too - listening with one ear up and one ear down. Such a character. Barley always has his ears down -he reminds me of a Spaniel.
  19. L

Holiday Care

I'm caring for some friends buns (in situ) whilst they are away on holidays and have put some flyers out that I can do this for others. At present I don't have set-up to offer 'hotel' accommodation but can certainly visit others buns for care and fuss.
  20. L

Bramble leaves

I grow loads of these together with dandielions (not a brilliant gardener for other stuff!) but the buns love 'em - often wondered about the prickly underside to the leaves, but it doesn't seem to be a problem - all my buns have eaten them.
Back