• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. BB Mommy

Wild rabbit....anyone with experience of raising a full wildie please?

Thank you for the suggestions. I’ve contacted a few so fingers crossed Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. BB Mommy

Wild rabbit....anyone with experience of raising a full wildie please?

Looking from advice from someone who has actually taken on a wildie. We have experience of half wildies and they were difficult. We still have the last remaining one that is now 12 [emoji177] This current one was taken in by rspca after being found in a lift ! After being attacked by magpies...
  3. BB Mommy

Hopper Haven Open Day 20thApril

We’d love you to pop along on our open day to visit our current residents (all 95 of them) and to have a cuppa :-) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. BB Mommy

41 NZW rescue

Thank you Leanne😊
  5. BB Mommy

41 NZW rescue

Yesterday Hopper Haven was one of the rescues that attended this, and we bought home 9 rabbits. 5 six week old boys, Peter a 2ish year old who the children considered a pet, and three breeding does. You can follow progress of ours via our FB group page, and if you’re able to help with donations...
  6. BB Mommy

Does the rspca adoption donation vary from centre to ow much would you expect to pay?

The Blue Cross charges £50 and that includes neutering, vaccinations and microchipping and four weeks free pet plan insurance. It is an absolute bargain, which is why I wonder so many people insist on still going to a pet shop to pay £40+ for a pet shop bun. My last pair of lads were £100 from...
  7. BB Mommy

Look what Doris did!

Join our Facebook Group Hopper Haven Rabbit and Guinea Pug Sanctuary for updates and pics!!
  8. BB Mommy

Pancur help.

It's probably a good idea to treat them all with panacur for 28 days as a precaution. Ideally it's best to keep bonded rabbits together, so if he's eating and pooping well then keep him with his buddies. I hope the vet has also given him pain relief (metacam) as this is very important in...
  9. BB Mommy

twitching head and flickering eyes

If it is an ear infection, and early signs from the antibiotics indicate it might be, then recovery will happen so long as she gets a good course of abx, along with a pain relief and anti inflammatory such as Metacam. Id treat her for EC as a precaution too with Panacur which you should be able...
  10. BB Mommy

Fluff, fluff everywhere.......don't throw it away though...

We have a pair of blue **** that nest in one of our boxes every year. After the fledglings have left I clean the box which usually has a nice thick pad of moss intertwined with bunny fluff, rather like a thick felt pad. Amazing what hard work these little creatures do
  11. BB Mommy

Fat Fluffs needs your help

We managed to register our support for Fat Fluffs application and have encouraged people to support the application via FB I agree with the earlier comment that the area is rather conservatives with potentially lots of NIMBY types. It's worrying that one of the objectors is a councillor. I'm...
  12. BB Mommy

It seems to be bonding time.

This is my two boys Claude and Storm bonding with the two little girls Clover and Thistle...day three and so far so good..... And Eric with his two new wifeys Primrose and little Maisie. This bond is a good one and these guys will get moved to their own enclosure once little Maisie is eating well
  13. BB Mommy

You`d be welcome!
  14. BB Mommy

Great stuff - I'm always on the look out for people to help on our collections. Can you PM me your phone number so I can message you the details of our upcoming events
  15. BB Mommy

Recommendations for Reputable Rescue Centres?

Not sure whereabouts you are but the Blue Cross rehome rabbits via Home Direct (so bun stays with you until rehomed, but is advertised nationally) Take a look at www.bluecross.org.uk to see if there is a centre near you rehoming rabbits ETA Sorry just' re read that you can't keep whilst waiting...
  16. BB Mommy

Sugar - Dragging hind legs - Steriods?

As a sanctuary we have lots of experience of working with bunnies in the latter stages of life. We use steroid often in older buns with mobility issues with good success...it can indeed give them a boost and help them regain mobility and their zest for life. There is lots of contra info out...
  17. BB Mommy

Allen and page vs excel pellets

All of our rabbits (95 of them) are fed on A&P, and we wean all new arrivals onto it too. We prefer it over Burgess which produces excess ceacotrophs, or SS, the ingredients of which compare very closely to Wagg but are just groung into a pellet. I feed all of my own rabbits on a&p too and...
  18. BB Mommy

The dreaded winter proofing

How handy are you with a sewing machine? We make all of our own hutch covers at Hopper Haven and they're really easy to make.....it's only 4 pieces of tarp cut to size and sewn together with Velcro fastening. We make covers 6ft x3ftx4 ft for around £12 each, and we staple a double layer of...
  19. BB Mommy

Vaccinating ill rabbit with Nobivac Myxo-RHD vaccine

Is it an actual requirement that they have to be vaccinated to get similar to a doggie passport? If there was a choice I wouldn't vaccinate a rabbit who has a compromised immune system, but if you're obliged to to get them through the system then there is a risk, but as Jane said, rock and hard...
  20. BB Mommy

For Those Asking About How my Rabbits are Kept

I love the smell of fresh hay, and I guess your lounge must smell like a meadow on muck out days!
Back