• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

rabbit in cramped hutch- any advice

theres a rabbit that is owned by someone round the corner from me. it doesnt appear to be mistreated as such but its kept in a 2 tier hutch that looks to be about 3ft wide and its quite a big bunny. ive never seen it let out and it looks miserable. its hutch is way too small for it. today...
  2. S

My new boy

For those of you who havent seen the gorgeous Wilbur :love: (now known as Morrissey) here: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=156971 This is our new piggy. He came home last night and he's just fantastic :D. He's so laid back and placid and already seems to be getting on great...
  3. S

I'm getting a friend for Florrie

after visiting Angie on Saturday to look at Milly & Holly the piggies, Stacie & I have settled on Milly to hopefully pair up with Florrie. She's only a few months old & Florrie is 5 but they are both very friendly so we are hopeful that they will become friends. I spent 2 hours building a new...
  4. S

Bunny update

after a lot of uncertainty with my poor bunnies due to my relationship ending in the new year, im pleased to say that finally everything is sorted :) Zeb has gone back to live with Gail & her new partner and is very happy - they are spoiling him and he's living back downstairs instead of being...
  5. S

Bracken

My beautiful Bracken died suddenly yesterday, aged almost 9. We got her from Angie's BARC two years ago - she had been taken there after her owners tried to scare her to death by setting off fireworks round her hutch. She was such a timid bunny at first but over time became a loving, friendly...
  6. S

outdoor accomodation

due to the split, and things getting bad with gail, i am now taking saffy & edina to live at me but they will have to become outdoor bunnies again as i dont have any room indoors for them. sadly im now having to pay a large mortgage bills etc on my own and im really going to be struggling to pay...
  7. S

Saffy - possible e-cuniculi - advice please

Have been looking after Saffy for Gail for 2 days as she's been away. When I got there on Wednesday night I noticed that she was wet on her hind quarters. Gail said that for the past couple of days Saffy had been weeing on the floor a lot, but as she is not the best litter trained bunny in the...
  8. S

Zeb update

After much discussion between me & Gail, Gail has moved Zeb back into the living room and put him in a big pen. He's already much happier. I'm glad that we seem to have sorted things :D
  9. S

Rabbit dilemma - what to do?

I havent been on here for quite some time although some of you might remember me. Basically until New Year I lived with my partner and we had 6 house rabbits. Sadly after 7 years together we split up and I eventually moved into my new house in June. I have gone from living in a 3 story house...
  10. S

Goodbye Lola

Sorry i havent been on here for a while, as some of you may know Lola our beautiful frenchy has been poorly. Suspected heart problems turned out to be uterine cancer and due to her age and health surgery wasnt an option. This afternoon Lola was very sleepy and wouldnt eat. We took her to the...
  11. S

lola starting with tummy problems

well as some of you may know, Frida has had bouts of GI stasis on and off for months now. we seem to have got this under control with a strict diet. sadly in november, lola (who is my frenchie - now almost 6) had a bout of GI Stasis. we caught it fast and she had treatment at the vets and...
  12. S

Gideon Guinea Pig

our lovely Gideon passed away completely unexpectedly yesterday. when we got home from work he was really cold and quite weak. we rushed straight up to the vets but sadly he died in my arms on the way there. there was no warning, yesterday morning he was happy and eating well and hadnt been...
  13. S

advice on locking Frida in dog cage please

at the end of nov im off to whitby for 3 days for my 30th. sadly, while i was in parga Frida had another bout of GI Stasis. We've toyed with the idea of taking her to whitby with us but she's not too good at travelling so its not really an option. my lovely mum is taking the weekend off work...
  14. S

hoppy birthday Zeb

please wish my little Zebster a hoppy 1st birthday :D it doesnt seem 2 minutes since he was a runty little baby with the snuffles and now he's a big boy and very handsome and healthy. he's had lots of fussing this morning and lots of pressies too :D
  15. S

update on my lot including vet visit

well its been a hectic week as ive been to manchester twice for meetings (both times causing migraines - hence not coming on monday to the meeting, sorry I didnt let you know but i was in bed crying and feeling sorry for myself). took the fluffsters, bracken and frida for vaccs on tuesday...
  16. S

bunny boarding help!

am really traumatised :( . lovely sue at hoppy holidays is moving so i cant send my lot there any more. im off to look at holiday hutches tonight but they havent got anything big enough for lola, or the capacity for all 7 of mine. my mum will have the piggies but this leaves us stuck for next...
  17. S

please send my poor Gideon some vibes

as i posted yesterday, my piggie Gideon has a swelling near his bum. we went to the vets last night and she's not happy with it. its not an impacted rectum and i isolated him last night from the girlies, and when i checked this morning he is pooing. she thinks it could be a hernia (thanks elve...
  18. S

zeb trouble - think its time for a friend

we went out for the night on saturday and didnt get home until 2pm yesterday. my mum fed the bunnies saturday evening and at 9am yesterday but when we got back, it was obvious that zeb was really miserable and had been lonely. he'd also peed all over the settee on the side where i normally sit...
  19. S

an update of our mad house

well its been a week since the gorgeous Saffy & Eddy (formerly Edina, formerly Pru, she is a girl but Eddy suits her more than Edina :lol: ) came to live with us. at the moment we still have Bracken & Frida in the attic with us until we decide what to do. it is working out quite well though as...
  20. S

another EC question - head tilt?

2 years ago Betty was pts as she had head tilt and was quite ill. EC was mentioned as a possibility but as we only had Gus at the time, we gave him a course of panacur and then we never really thought of EC since. as you probably know, i think its possible that Frida might have EC and she has...
Back