• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. K

Bunny sprinklers!!!

Hiya, I just wondered if any of you had come across this before. Before I got my male bunny neutered, first thing in a morning when I let him out to have a run - he'd run to his toilet corner - start doing a spin while having a wee resulting in a 'sprinkler' that spread about 1m across (I had...
  2. K

urgent help please

I've brought them both in and put the fan on and sat him near an ice pack with a towel wrapped round it. I've also syringe fed him some water which he drank really quickly - they've got two water bottles and a dish outside so if one's broken they should still be able to drink. Anyway he seems a...
  3. K

urgent help please

Forgot to say - just spent a loads at the vets this week plus they are now closed exept for emergencies so could dowith sortingthis out myself if I can
  4. K

urgent help please

Hi, Just come home to find my longhaired bunny looking all pathetic. He's breathing really quickly and when I pick him up he kicks away a bit to escape (normally kicks a lot) and sits back in the corner of the cage. He's a bit floppy (feels a bit like picking up a sleepy child). He is about...
  5. K

Probiotic??

Hiya, Just seen a few of you suggesting giving rabbits a probiotic but which do you use?? - the only ones I know are the ones like yakult but I know they can't have dairy so where can I get some from?
  6. K

DIY rabbit toys

Hiya, Thanks for the ideas. I have been giving them a few boxes but my bunnies live outside so they do start to degrade quite quickly which is why I wanted to make a wooden one. Off to the supermarket tomorrow where they have piles of free boxes so I'll probably come out with a trolley full!! :D
  7. K

DIY rabbit toys

Hiya, I'm wanting to make some toys for my bunnies and wondered what I could use. I'm hoping to make a shady bit for them to sit under when it's sunny and for them to jump on but don't know what kind of wood I can use. My bunnies like chewing so I need something that won't poison them - I've...
  8. K

Post spaying advice

Thank you - no I didn't get any painkillers - they just gave her a painkilling injection when she got spayed - didn't say how long it'd last. I'm just gonna try with some mashed carrot and she how she goes. She is still pooing a bit but they're only tiny - so she must be eating something when...
  9. K

Post spaying advice

My rabbit got spayed on wednesday. She wasn't eating much at the vets but started to eat almost as soon as she got home (just veg and hay - wouldn't touch dry food). Was fine for first couple of days but yesterday started to go off her food and today I've not seen her eat anything - not even...
  10. K

Help please - rabbit constipation

Hiya, When I went to my vet, they did give my rabbit a good feel on her abdomen so should have felt if she had been majorly constipated or full of gas. I finally managed to catch my rabbit yesterday and have a closer look. The blood was definatly coming from the bottom and not the vagina (and...
  11. K

Help please - rabbit constipation

Hiya, Yesterday morning I went down to feed my rabbits and one of them had blood in the hutch. I took her to the vets who kept her in for a few hours and then sent her home saying that she thought my rabbit had been a bit constipated and had a tear in her rectum. This does seem to be the case as...
  12. K

Could my bunny be pregnant??

Thanks for your replies. Neither are neutered yet (the original was due to go fairly soon as I've just found out about the high risk of cancer - she's 2 now) The new bunny that I think is male is approx. 10/12 weeks old
  13. K

Could my bunny be pregnant??

Hiya, I've just got a new bunny as one of my previous pair(both females) had died and thought the remaining bunny could do with a friend. I was assured my new bunny was female aswell. I've being introducing them for the last two weeks by putting both hutches in a big run and letting them out one...
Back