• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. bunnyhop

Can you recommend a clipper to trim my long haired angora

I called the vet, but they said they don't use a particulat brans..but just use a Remmington one st the moment - they said as long as it was a good branded make and not the cheapest of the cheap, they are fine....I am going to try one and see how I get on and will let you know...
  2. bunnyhop

Emailed a few companies...and am even more confused about what is best now. One site suggested the Pro Series clipper at £54.99..not sure if there were being honest or just going for an expensive one. They did give me a much cheaper option but said it was inferior If anyone else uses one which...
  3. bunnyhop

Thanks...I have had a look and also at a sellers website: http://www.pdhq.co.uk/main.htm so have asked their advice too as to what is best for a small animal.
  4. bunnyhop

Hi Can anyone recommend a good pet clipper to shave/trim my angora bunny. His coat is generally in very good condition, but in the summer he did have to visit the vets to have some matted lumps shaved off, which have now grown back beautifully, but he has now got a few lumps under his chin...
  5. bunnyhop

Ryvita

Yes, Rivita is the first thing to go from Oscar's bowl too. They are high in fibre so think they are ok for them - does not seem to have done mine any harm. :)
  6. bunnyhop

Carrots - Suddenly Won't Eat Them

Too true...I guess compared to kale, Pak Choi, red peppers, spinach and basil carrots are a bit drab! I will keep trying every now and again and see if they are tempted. It was useful though when I went away for a night to be able to hang a few carrots on the kebab sticks as at least they...
  7. bunnyhop

They have a bit of everything and there is usually a clean bowl. I have not given them carrots for about 2 months since they stopped eating them but gave them one on Sunday and not a cm of it was nibbled, so they obviously are not ready to take a bite as yet. Oh well..more for me! :D
  8. bunnyhop

Well, they still eat the carrot tops when I buy the bunched carrots - they are wolfed down in seconds, but as for the actual root itself, no thanks is given. I used to buy tesco value and they went through the bag at a rate of knots if I let them, but now nothing orange interests them. Rivita...
  9. bunnyhop

Hi Up until a few months ago carrots were the bees knees and were gobbled within minutes, but recently, they go untouched and my two bunnies won't eat them, even if there is nothing else left to eat. I thought maybe the ones I bought had some chemical on which was putting them off, so I have...
  10. bunnyhop

Vet/Parlour which can help detangle matted bunny in E Lon???

Hi I live in E16 in in Docklands. There is a Grroming Parlour at our Pets at Home in becton but wondered if anyone had been. I have booked him in with the nurse at my usual vets today. We will go from there. She may be able to do it, or he may have to see the vet and possibly be sedated...
  11. bunnyhop

Vet/Parlour which can help detangle matted bunny in E Lon???

Hi My Angora has suddenly become really matted at the base of his fur. I have given him a haircut, but he is still a bit of a state. His coat was lovely up until last week, and normally I keep on top of it and in good condition, but the way it is at the moment, I am a little scared to cut so...
  12. bunnyhop

Garden Tips

Thanks very much - I have had a look and will order a box or two. I will be very happy if it works - not sure if Oscar & Moo will be though!!
  13. bunnyhop

Garden Tips

Thanks for your help - I will have a browse too - Most of my searches came back with those long tree protrectors you see in parks, which of course are not what I want - the springy plastic strips are, on the otherhand, exactly what I need. :)
  14. bunnyhop

Garden Tips

Hiya The strips are what I am after really - where did you get yours from. Th only Garden centre nearby really is B&Q...or I will look on-line. If you have a brand you know of that will help he search. Cheers
  15. bunnyhop

Garden Tips

Hi My 2 bunnies live on a large terrace which is completely enclosed so are able to roam free whenever they like however my problem lies with them munching on all of my plants. They are all in tubs but the bunnies jump onto the tubs and eat the weeds around the plant/shrub (this is great), but...
  16. bunnyhop

Nesting, bored or just being naughty??

Thanks for the info - she has made a real mess tonight. This has only started in the last week. As you say, hoping it becomes less frequent when she is spayed. :)
  17. bunnyhop

Nesting, bored or just being naughty??

Hello I have 2 bunnies, a neutered male angora pictured and Moo who is female and is 5 months old. Moo is currently un-spayed (waiting until she is old enough). Recently, she has started to chew and rip up the newspaper and hay bedding which creates an awful mess and as Oscar is a very neat...
  18. bunnyhop

Snuggle safe heat pads

Hi I think the Chincilla on-line shop has some in now, but they do close for Xmas on the 10th Dec I think. Give them a try! http://www.chinchillas2home.co.uk
  19. bunnyhop

Loss Of Use in Hind Legs

As you know, Perkins has not been right for a while now and he was deteriorating this last week, so I took him to the vets. Unfortunately, after a new medication and further investigation, he was put to sleep today. Perkins had some x-rays and basically he had a kink in his spine which...
  20. bunnyhop

Loss Of Use in Hind Legs

Thanks for your emails.... I read the article suggested a while ago and just re-read it now. I will certainly take it into the vets on Monday, along with other ressearch I have found. Perkins seems healthy in every other way - it is just his back legs which let him down, but he races around...
Back