• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. K

Bringing the buns indoors during the winter?

Hello all I haven't been here for some time as I got a new job and life has been very busy! Our French Lops, Daisy and Gatsby are gorgeous and so very friendly and we love them lots! I'm posting for advice about bringing the bunnies indoors for the winter. At the moment, they've got a...
  2. K

Advice on what to do about destructive bunnies please

Daisy and Gatsby are now 5 months old and both have been neutered a few weeks ago. Neutering went incredibly well, they hardly noticed and are sweet, friendly bunnies. Except..... they are INCREDIBLY destructive. They gnaw/bite/destroy everything they come into contact with outside their...
  3. K

No one knows how I got up here, but I sure can't get down.......

This garden box looks interesting..... Might as well investigate seeing as I'm up here. What's in this window? Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, this clematis is rather tasty...... Yeah, might have to think about telling the human I'm stuck.
  4. K

What's going on here (noises from bunny)

There's a couple of odd quirks that I'd like explained if anyone can? :) Both bunnies have started to make an odd noise, more so Gatsby, but Daisy does it too if she is very relaxed. It happens right after a flop, when they flop down and then they start making a sort of grunt noise, but it's a...
  5. K

Am I doing the wrong thing?

Our bunnies are such loved little things, they are proper members of our family, even our confirmed "non-animal" teenage son. We are thoroughly enjoying having them and they have settled in very well, they are monstrous already weighing in at 1.5 kilos and 1.7 kilos at 10 weeks! They have...
  6. K

Are French Lops lazy?

Because these two are taking the biscuit! They have a very short amount of active time before settling down for a pet and stroke and another snooze! They're very laid back, and when they lie down you can move their feet/head/push then around and they still don't bother. They really are very lazy...
  7. K

Bunnies eating an enormous amount......

Daisy and Gatsby are eating a huge amount of food! I know it should be unlimited while they are little (they're 9 weeks) but I have filled their bowl three times today (about 4 eggcups each time). They are also eating hay lots too. Is this something I should watch out for? And I know the food...
  8. K

Gatsby and Daisy

Our lovely baby bunnies (French Lops) having a moment on my knee. They've been sitting like this for about 20 minutes, much quiet teeth chattering going on! They're so sweet!
  9. K

Further to my thread yesterday

Asking about my quiet baby bunny, I have had her to the emergency vet this afternoon :( She was fine, flopping out all relaxed in a plant pot this morning, but still very quiet. I thought (gut instinct) that she hadn't had a lot to drink so hand fed her some water from a bottle, which she...
  10. K

Can Daisy and Gatsby eat grass?

They're 8 weeks old, can I allow them to have a run on the grass and will they be ok if they eat some? It's a bit long at the moment so there's plenty of it for them to enjoy! Thanks :)
  11. K

Funny bunny quirk - anyone else's bunny do this?

This must be a bunny thing? We had a large lop bunny who sadly died a few years ago. When you rubbed the ends of his ears between finger and thumb, he started washing his front paws. I thought it was just something Dylan did, but I've been rubbing our new bun's ears and they do exactly the...
  12. K

Baby bunnies

Hey there So our two baby french lops have settled in as far as I can see but I have a few queries. Bunny 1 (Gatsby) is extremely outgoing, much more so than any bunny I've seen. He jumps on your knee for sniffs and cuddles, and is a proper escapologist, he can squeeze through any gap. I...
  13. K

Folks who have dog kennels as hutches.....

Do you have any "window" in the enclosed bit? Our gorgeous babies have moved in today and I'm concerned that the enclosed bit of the kennel is too dark. Does anyone have a window or holes? Or am I overthinking this and they can see perfectly well in the dark and don't need any holes/window for...
  14. K

New bunnies raised on Wagg and more feeding questions

These bunnies that we're getting have been used to eating Wagg. I know I want to feed them nuggets so is the way to do it to continue with the Wagg, and gradually replace with nuggets? How long should this take? How much nugget food should a baby french lop eat? Will my pair of rabbits have...
  15. K

Please critique my set up :) photo heavy!

Hello everyone :) Firstly I'd like to say thank you to everyone that's helped me with various questions over the past few weeks. I know this isn't a forum that promotes getting rabbits from breeders, but unfortunately I had promised my daughter she could have these baby rabbits before I...
  16. K

Kennel problems

Another question, sorry! I ordered a kennel from eBay but the seller contacted me to say he couldn't supply it. So I contacted someone else, and he's non committal about whether he can make one for mid May. So I emailed other people, but they can't do it or haven't got back to me. I even put a...
  17. K

Sibling baby bunnies

Do siblings who've never been separated get on together? We are adopting a boy and girl bunny (sibs) and the more I read, the more I am thinking they aren't going to get on, but I have no way of housing them separately :( Please reassure me that they'll get on ok! thanks :)
  18. K

what plants to grow that rabbits enjoy?

Our bunny enclosure is going to be on decking and although the buns will have supervised access to my grass, I don't particularly want them nibbling the rest of my lovely garden :) to save us all from hassle, I thought I'd grow them some plants that they can feast on to their heart's content in...
  19. K

Newbie needing advice please!

Hello all I've been lurking for a few days and everyone seems really friendly and there's some gorgeous bunnies! We are getting a couple of French lops at the end of May. We previously had a very happy large lop rabbit who died a few years ago and is sadly missed. At the time, we had a...
Back