• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. D

Our Bunny took ill, please read what does this sound like?

Dear Forum users I was wondering if some fellow bunny owners may be able to give their opinions. Sadly our bunny passed away this week (Sunday 31st March). He had just passed his 8th Birthday and took ill quite suddenly. He was agreat pet and will be sorely missed. He was a netherland min...
  2. D

Quick Dental Question, opinion kindly appreciated

Dear all, a little question, your opinion would be gratefully appreciated. Every year we take Flopsy our Rabbit to the vet for an annual checkup and vaccination. He always has his teeth checked and no problems reported till yesterday. On his annual visit, the vet mentioned he had a small spur...
  3. D

Help? Did My rabbit Get an electric Shock?

Hi, I'm a little worried about our rabbit. He was loose in our living room and he managed to get access to the cable of the new aquarium which had not been fully bunny proofed quite yet. Initially i did not see anything wrong with the bunny, but when i went to turn on the lights on teh...
  4. D

Bunny took a tumble, leg sometimes gives way and keeps it off the ground

Hello, We were recently on holiday and our bunny was with a pet carer who looks after rabbits. Unfortunately when we collected him, he was placed in his pet carrier and his carrier unbalanced from a table and bunny and carrier fell on the ground. (carer kindly offered to cover all vet costs...
  5. D

Readigrass - Has anyone else found the following

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced the following, We have fed readigrass for a long time now, it is our bunnies favourite forage, and a more reliable feed than hay in terms of consistancy. We have always bought the 1kg bags which generally cost £4, so over the week...
  6. D

Licky Licky attack

Hello, We have two buns, they are pretty nice but sometimes they are a bit too affectionate, or maybe have they alternative motives? they like to give me a lick, its a bit weird but sometimes it looks if they would be happy to do it for half an hour at a time, i don't like to push them away...
  7. D

Our adopted Bunny really messes his cage floor, what can we do

Dear All we have a small problem with a four year old bunny we adopted this year, To begin with he doesn't eat his special dropping, he never has done as far as we can tell and these dropping are always left on the wooden cage floor. These droppings are then rolled into the wood and dry like...
  8. D

Bonding of 2 Male Rabbits - Final Chance :(

HI I was wondering if you might be able to help us, for the past month we have been attempting to bond our 2 year old male neutered rabbit with a rescue bunny we took from a friend (also male neutered) Its our first attempt at bonding any rabbits and generally id have to say it has gone well...
  9. D

Advice on Strange Scab on Bunny's Back

Hi everyone, I was wondering if you could help me, I was stroking my bunny tonight and we noticed a strange scab like thing on his back. Its about the size of a 5p coin, with no hair on it,and a yellowy scab on it. We had not seen it till now as it is completely covered by surrounding hair...
  10. D

Bonding an entire and a neutered male

Hi I wonder if you can help, we are looking to get a companion for our 1 year old male bunny, not neutered . Ideally we were looking to get a neutered female, but a friend is looking to find a home for their 2 year old neutered male. We thought to maybe try rehome him. Would it be a practical...
  11. D

Should i disclose mild Gut stasis to my pet insurer

Hi i recently bought pet insurance for my pet bun. While going through the application it asked if that i should disclose any known conditions, on selecting yes, it dropped down awhole series of new boxes to enter the vets contacvt details. I then re selected no, and that saved all the...
  12. D

Opinions on how to catch our rabbit HELP PLEASE!!

Hi We have a 1 year old mini lop x rabbit. He is an indoor rabbit, well handled, very friendly. We like to put him in his outdoor run at least three days a week for a few hours at a time and this is where we have a problem. When he is in the outdoor run he can be impossible to catch, the run...
Back