• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. kate7590

hay rack/ hanging basket

So, confession time.... My bunnies dont have a hay rack :no: :oops: They have hay of course...but I put it into their litter trays each day. I was thinking of putting some hanging baskets in their shed and filling with hay...Im going to get some of that hay4pets hay and think its too good to...
  2. kate7590

Meadow or timothy hay?

Im getting to the bottom of my current bale of farm hay and its got soil in it and is getting very dusty :shock: so im not keen on ggiving it to the buns... Im thinking of ordering a bag from hay4pets as iv heard good reviews from there...but which hay is the best for bunnies? Meadow or...
  3. kate7590

RAW & my bunnies :)

We took them all to the rabbit day at the vets today and they had their microchips, they were all sooo good, apart from Purdy who was sat happily until nobody was paying her attention and she jumped onto my shoulder and slipped onto the chair behind me! :rolleyes: We spent £10 on the...
  4. kate7590

Microchipping

Has anyone had their buns microchipped? I had planned to get them done on saturday as its part of RAW week and my local vets are offerering microchips for £7.99 and free health checks, claw clips & goody bags. But is it worth it? Will it hurt them?? :(
  5. kate7590

Ideas for rabbit enclosure

Not for now but next year hopefully! We are hoping to be moving house next year and want somewhere with a big garden for the dogs, therefore I'll be able to plan and make a big rabbit enclosure in the garden. I have 5 buns at the moment, 3 are giants, all living together in a 8x6ft shed thats...
  6. kate7590

My gorgeous gang!

Since having them all bonded Iv spend time with them together and found how friendly they have become! Considering I was told by previous owner that they were all very aggressive and untouchable!! I think they're coming on well, dont you? :D Purdy kissing Benji & a jelous Stu looking on...
  7. kate7590

My 5 today :D

My lovely buns are still shut away in the shed at the moment, but today Iv stapled some carpet to the shelves in the hope it will make it easier for them to hop on and off of. Iv also found out the simply LOVE fenugreek crunchies!! Some piccies :) What you lookin at?!
  8. kate7590

Willow leaves

I have a big willow tree in my garden, we've just cut a branch off and it seems such a shame to throw it away. The rabbits have always had a few leaves here and there but i just wondered how much they're allowed to eat? If they can eat alot of it then brilliant, they can have a feast for the...
  9. kate7590

My bunnies are back!!

After being away for nearly 3 weeks I collected my bunnies this morning. Im going to be keeping them confined to the shed for at least a week to make sure any sorting out is done and dusted before letting them into the garden. Iv missed my buns sooo much, and after the heartbreak of loosing...
  10. kate7590

Naughty Benji!!

Went out to feed the buns and found Benji had been very naughty :mad: Hes only gone and broken into Margos pen!!! At first I was really worried as I couldnt see Margo but then she hopped out of her hutch and wandered over to me waiting for food! Iv been keeping a VERY close eye on them...
  11. kate7590

Bye bye Charlie boy :(

Well Charlie, we had a lovely few years together didn't we? As you probably know, poor Charlie hadn't been well for a while, and today we took a little trip to see Laura [bunny vet] of the last time. He went very peacefully and it was nice that he was looked after by Laura at the very end, he...
  12. kate7590

Charlies going downhill again:(

My old boy has started deteriorating again. As you may of known he went very very skinny and lost most of his hair over winter. With a lot of TLC he had put weight on and most of his hair had grown back and was looking brighter. However over the last couple of weeks he's looking very skinny and...
  13. kate7590

My gang :)

Margo & Benji were neutered on tuesday so they were kept quite for a few days, Margo is a little quiet but Benjamin is back to normal :roll eyes: Thought Id share a few new pics of the newbies :) Margo- Jake & Elwood- Mr Elwood getting braver! Stu & Purdy. Iv spent more time with them...
  14. kate7590

I think I'm in too deep with these newbies!

:roll: Have I got in too deep here? They're nothing like I expected them to be. :shock: I was told they were really subdued and scared, so I figured they'd take a long time coming round and getting used to me, I thought they'd be easy. :shock: How wrong was I?? :hissy: The 2 big...
  15. kate7590

Stu & Purdy

So after Stu ripped poor Opals lip I decided I needed to sort their run out for the safety of the other buns [he was getting his nose through the bars and was able to grab the others] i think Stu & Purdy were happy to have some freedom again, Purdy was binkying all the time it was lovely to see...
  16. kate7590

I think Benji & Margo like each other :D

They have been booked in for neuters on tuesday, but live next to each other and I think they get on :D :love:
  17. kate7590

jake learns to open the gate

:roll: http://youtu.be/p0Q9Sz2_DcI
  18. kate7590

Puppy pens up for the newbies

So after a right mix up with the puppy pens I ordered, they have finally arrived and I have spent today setting them up a play pen each. Mr Jake Jake & Elwood live next door to Stu & Purdy. Im starting to understand why Stu was in such bad books at previous home...he nips at anyone through...
  19. kate7590

Vet bed

Does anyone use vet bed in bunnies hutches? I have some vet bed and was thinking it might be nicer than shredded cardboard. Im just worried if they'd chew it?
  20. kate7590

Nuetering & bonding question

Im hoping to book Margo & Benjamin in for their little ops next week. The plan is to bond them to my current 2 bonded buns who live in their nice big shed. How long after a neuter op do I need to wait before introducing them to Charlie & Opal? Also, after having the big boys, Jake & Elwood out...
Back