• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. M

Can I see your smoooooooooooshy loppy faces?

MrsR (July 2001 - August 2011)
  2. M

Nearly lost Harvey,dental tomorrow.UD lost him

Aw, fingers crossed for Harvey's dental. I'm sure he will be fine. I have no experience of young buns with dental problems, although my old MrsR used to have all sorts of teeth problems. She didn't end up with regular dentals (i.e. every 6 weeks, 2 months etc.), it was just very much a case...
  3. M

Warning over Flystrike, feel so sick

I'm so very sorry to hear about Opal. You have my deepest sympathies as we nearly lost Rupert to the same thing yesterday. Huge, huge hugs to you. xx
  4. M

Urgent urgent !!!

I'm so sorry to hear about Binky. When my MrsR was taken to the vets to be PTS we took her partner with her as we knew we wanted MrsR cremated so was being left at the vets. After she was PTS we were able to show Rupert the body and he had a sniff and climb over her and after a few minutes...
  5. M

It was flystrike ...

Update ... Thank you again to everyone for your help and comments yesterday. It was nothing to do with EC, head tilt or arthritis. I heard back from my ex late last night. HE SAID they suspect an infection of his bum area so cleaned and shaved, and that he had been given some gel to put on...
  6. M

It was flystrike ...

Thanks again Kermit, your reply is really appreciated. Ex is determined that PTS is the last resort and something he absolutely does not want. He wants everything to be tried for our little lad. His main worry is that Rupert can't get up at the minute so could potentially be laid in his wee...
  7. M

It was flystrike ...

Update ... Just received a message from the ex saying 'Vets keeping him in, they think it's his brain. Vet will try all he can today'. Unfortunately, the vet on duty this morning is not one of my favourites :-( I've asked ex if bloods are being taken and if vet mentiond EC or head tilt as...
  8. M

It was flystrike ...

Thank you Kermit, that's reassuring to know. No news yet Babsie, but vets only open 9am (or maybe 8.30am) and they operate a sit and wait your turn system. Ruperts wifey, MrsR, lived until she was just over 10 years old so fingers crossed Rupert still has some more years in him yet. Positive...
  9. M

It was flystrike ...

Again, thank you Jane for posting. Yes, of course, will post back with what happens. Ex noticed when he got up an hour or so ago and was always going to head to the vets for opening time :thumb:. If (big if), it's age related athritis, is ongoing meds the only/best way to treat it? If so...
  10. M

It was flystrike ...

Thank you Graham for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated. I know its so hard to tell without a vet check up. He's off to the vets as soon as its open.
  11. M

It was flystrike ...

Hi all Sorry for the urgent request. I'm overseas and ex has just messaged to say our lovely Rupert is not able to get up/stand up. He had a 'gammy' leg about 18 months ago but I can't see the wood for the trees at the moment to remember what treatment he had back then. He had some meds and...
  12. M

Weighing scales

:wave: I purchased cooking scales from Argos. Item ref: 842/739 These scales have a reset button on, so I am able to put a square glass dish onto the scale with a towel laid in the bottom, press reset so it goes back to zero and then pop 'bun into the dish. This works for me, but maybe...
  13. M

Anabolic steroid injection for wibbly-wobbly bunny ... Anyone had experience of?

Hi Sarah Thank you for your reply. The vet seemed quite hopeful that the steroid should help put a little weight back onto her. She was weighed and had put on about 100grams, not much I know, since her last dental just a few weeks ago. At least it was a gain rather than a loss. Vet did...
  14. M

Anabolic steroid injection for wibbly-wobbly bunny ... Anyone had experience of?

Hi all My first "I'm in need of help" post on RU, so I hope it's in the right place. :) MrsR has gone a bit wibbly-wobbly on one of her back legs. She doesn't fall over but there is an obvious wobble. I've just called my lovely vet and she has suggested (and I agree) that this is probably...
  15. M

M6 Junc 15 to junc 9 on sunday the 8th/ SORTED

And if they don't make it to the M6 J3 rendevouz point then I may have just decided to take them home with me :lol: Where is their final destination? Are they special needs bunnies? i.e. Do I need extra towels in the travel boxes etc? See you all soon :D
  16. M

Hello everyone :wave: OK, I hope I manage to cover everything here ... :shock: Suzibunbun - thank you for your phone number and car details. Also thank you for mentioning re. travel boxes and I hadn't even thought of that! I have two so will put them both in my car Saturday evening. I'll...
  17. M

I've PM'd my number to you (SusieB) and Hugo's There. Take care and "speak" soon.
  18. M

Newbie ...

:wave: Thank you for all the warm welcomes. I have to confess that I also frequent another lovely rabbit forum. I hope no-one holds this against me.:shock: I'm off to find the RU rabbit photo threads as I also love, love, love seeing pictures of everyone else's rabbits. :love:
  19. M

Hello again :wave: I'm happy to do Keele to M6 J3 (Coventry/Nuneaton junction). Just tell me where I need to be and when. :) Do I need to PM my mobile number to anyone for on the day (assuming I'll be used). Shall I just keep an eye on here for further details as and when? Best wishes...
  20. M

Standing by! *where's the saluting icon when you want it?* I can go further down the M6 too if you need it. MrsGibbo.
Back