• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. ashbunny

I can't afford Ashley

Sorry for this post, I am just overwhelmed with this right now and have been worrying about it so much. Ashley has never been a cheap bunny to keep but I am a firm believer in taking financial responsibility for animals you choose to take on. However I have spent £800 in vet bills in the last...
  2. ashbunny

Diabetes

Does anyone have any experience with diabetes in rabbits please? :wave: I understand it's pretty rare but Ashley seems a bit out of sorts although when she went to the vets for a dental they didn't seem to think there was anything (else) wrong. She pees and drinks a lot although has done so...
  3. ashbunny

PAH to run workshops on caring for rabbits responsibly

Quote from our local newspaper article: I was shocked to see something about bunny welfare in the paper! Similar article here: http://www.borehamwoodtimes.co.uk/news/11189553.Rabbit_workshops_raise_awareness_at_Pets_at_Home/ although this refers to a different store, apparently this is...
  4. ashbunny

Cat scarers?

We have recently moved the bunnies outside and their accommodation is pretty solid. They have a shed with attached run but we shut off the run at night. There is a cat in the neighbourhood which has its eye on them, and I'm pretty sure for one reason only. Last summer I was out in the garden...
  5. ashbunny

Metaclopramide - expiry?

I have some metaclopramide which my vet has says its ok to give to Ashley "on tap" if she needs it. It has been decanted from the original bottle so it doesn't have an expiry date, but has been in a sealed bottle since it was prescribed in October 2013. Does anyone have any idea if it would...
  6. ashbunny

Free fibafirst/vetcare plus anyone? Cambs/Suffolk & can post

I've got a box of fibafirst (500g) and vetcare plus digestive formula (1kg) - both opened, but with only a few sticks taken out of each. I bought them for Ash but she wouldn't touch them. I'm in Newmarket, Suffolk and can deliver to Cambridge Tues/Thursday evenings. Or happy to post them out if...
  7. ashbunny

Rabbit grooming. Help!

Bailey has a bit of an issue with grooming, when I picked him up from the rescue they'd shaved a lot of the problem areas but said he would need a helping hand which we've been giving, I have been brushing him regularly but can't seem to catch the mats. I've been managing to tease or cut some of...
  8. ashbunny

Indoor to outdoor

So, Ashley and Bailey are both house rabbits. We've had Bailey for about 2 months now and when we just had Ashley it was ok, a bit of sweeping round, but now we need to hoover/sweep up multiple times a day because whilst they are mostly litter trained, they are not 100%, and I'm constantly...
  9. ashbunny

Rabbit boarding Cambridgeshire/Suffolk

Does anyone have any recommendations for rabbit boarding facilities near/around the Cambridgeshire/Suffolk area that might be able to accommodate buns with special needs? I have found a few via Google but am looking for personal recommendations. :wave:
  10. ashbunny

Vibes needed for Ash

Ash has gone off her food again. I could deal with that but she's not right in herself either, quite depressed. Hopefully its not her liver wreaking havoc :cry: Vets in an hour. Vibes would be nice.
  11. ashbunny

Newly bonded bunnies - are we doing it right

Hi all, Ash has a new husbun :love: His name is Bailey and we brought him home on Saturday after the rescue bonded them both. I've no experience with newly bonded bunnies so I'm not sure if we're doing everything right. The rescue said it was a very easy mix and only took a few days. We have...
  12. ashbunny

2 months free Petplan insurance

Is anyone is thinking of or is just about to take out a new policy with Petplan? I just got a nice cheque from them and with it came 2 vouchers for 2 months' free insurance for a friend if you take out a year's cover. I don't know many people with pets, so if you'd like one then PM me and I'll...
  13. ashbunny

Ashley!

Thought it was time I posted some more photos of her, so here's some recent ones. :) Making the most of the last bit of summer... (sorry the photos are a bit big!) :love:
  14. ashbunny

Liver problems

Following on from a previous thread, does anyone have any experience/knowledge of any bunny liver problems? Ash's blood tests revealed liver problems, but we opted not to have her scanned because the vet said there wouldn't be any change in treatment. She has a better appetite now and is doing...
  15. ashbunny

Vets said Ash is dying :'( u/d not just yet

Hi all, Ashley went in for her routine dental yesterday as normal, picked her up at 5pm as vet said she was eating. Since 5pm last night all she has eaten is a bit of carrot. We have been syringe feeding her with the sachet food. I just called vet to ask for some painkiller (metacam) as they...
  16. ashbunny

Lots of health problems. Help!

Hi everyone. So my bunny Ashley has a few health issues I would like some advice on. Sorry if this is a long post! I bought her when she was young and has always been fussy about food. She was always fed on a decent diet i.e. hay and burgess pellets and occasional veg. Loved pellets and veg...
  17. ashbunny

Hello!

Hi everyone, I joined this forum ages ago and am finally posting! I'm Lizzy and I live in Suffolk. I have a 4 year old female dwarf lop called Ashley who has the loveliest temperament but a few health problems :( that I shall be posting about shortly. Pictures! (sorry if huge!) look...
Back