• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Pie

Now just random bunny pics!

Oh but you look so cute!!! :love: :love: *grabby, grabby*
  2. Pie

Pie, Obie and the new family dog (pic heavy)

Pie usually losses weight after a bout but has been bouncing back very well recently. She is has a deformed intestine and Cecum so cannot process food correctly. Because of this she has to be on a very strict diet. I found hydration is the key for her so I made it a habit of saoking her pellets...
  3. Pie

Now just random bunny pics!

That looks so nommy!
  4. Pie

How to catch 'uncatchable' bunny

Put a trail of food into this... http://www.cranbrookart.edu/Images/Fiber2ndyear0910/AltanD/AltanD03.jpg ;) :lol: Ok but seriously maybe just lure it in a box. Maybe not a carrier as my two have associated carrier = bad things, and got and hide somewhere when they see it.
  5. Pie

Yes her and Obie are enjoying each others company now. I will be in Barbados for 6-9 months and the OH is looking after them. He is the only one I truly trust with Pie's problems. He know's as much about bunnies as any of us. Pie has been doing well recently. She went from 1.1kg last year (her...
  6. Pie

Should i get them spayed?

Wow, I totally agree with Jenova! Find another vet asap. Although it carries some risk, like all surgeries it will not be as high as 50% for a young, healthy bun. :shock: And females to rule to roost in a bond (in general) so would most definitely be beneficial to get them both spayed.
  7. Pie

So my hubby DOES pay attention! Soooo proud!

Awesome! :thumb: Well done to him!
  8. Pie

I need a baby rabbit ASAP for my nieces birthday...

No advice....Just grinding teeth with an eye twitch. But maybe just go through the basics of why a rabbit is not a childs pet and all the expenses associated with them.
  9. Pie

Depression in rabbits?

Was coming to say this. My 2 are moulting like there's no tomorrow and Obie was really out of sorts a couple of weeks ago with it. I hope she improves and feels happier in herself soon.
  10. Pie

Sir Victor

WHAT!? I'm sorry Jane I haven't been on lately so missed this. Will go do a search now. :shock: :cry: Have just seen. I'm so sorry Jane. By the sounds of things he was happy right up to the end. You have to let the stages of grief flow. It's still going to be very fresh. How is Lady Lydia...
  11. Pie

Rare bunny cuddles...

Awww so cute! I love the way they both still look really disapproving with the whole situation. :lol: :love:
  12. Pie

Update on my monsters. It's amazing to watch them now they are bonded. Something I have picked up on recently is as Pie is deaf she uses Oberon as a kind of 'hearing bunny'. He is quite alert and skittish with smells or noises and he will run off and Pie will follow, always staying behind him...
  13. Pie

Alright, time to fess up, be honest people:

Since Pie was 11 weeks she follows me like a puppy. Now that I have Oberon it has doubled the likelihood of me breaking my neck due to excitable, clingy bunnies :lol: I have also learnt never to walk around with a hot cup of tea/coffee because it has splashed on Pie before and made her skin a...
  14. Pie

Over £1000 per year on one bunny?

I think if I only had Obie, who is a very healthy bun, I don't think it would be near that number. But considering I have Pie and all of her vet bills and medication it tops that very easily.... :shock: Oh dear lord, I've just checked my vet receipts from January alone. Yep just over half way...
  15. Pie

Strong smelling urine (moulting cause?)

Yea I know about that. I am literally giving him everything he needs (luckily it's Pie with the tummy issues!). But he just seems to go out of his way to nom on something he's not supposed to! :roll: 1KG of hay in 2 days for 2 small 1.4kg bunnies AND coltsfoot AND pellets and yet nooooo, he...
  16. Pie

Where/how do you store your Hay?

In a cupboard in the bedroom along with the pellets and Rabbit medicine supplies. Never had a problem with damp, although sometimes I open the bags to help air them out.
  17. Pie

Rabbit eating meat

Omg Pie does the exact same thing with my Bruces food! She only gets one or two pieces but I usually pump her full of hay and water just in case. I thought it was just Pie being slightly "special" :oops: :lol:
  18. Pie

Bluebell has fur loss/bald spot on back

Pie recently had this actually. She started showing the typical signs of mites on her ears and tail. Got her treated for the common mite (even though the vet could only see the eggs). I can't remember what she gave her and Oberon but it was a small tube of liquid put between their shoulder...
  19. Pie

Strong smelling urine (moulting cause?)

Hi all. Well it's THAT time of year again... Yes moulting everywhere and that seems to mean chewing everything in sight that has the properties of either paper or rubber/soft plastics :roll: But something I have noticed that also comes and goes is Oberons urine (I think) starts to smell very...
  20. Pie

Morse U/D 21st June Post 173

Came on here to see how Morse is doing. I know I haven't been around much but I think of Morsey very often. I wish him and you all the best. C'mon Morse, you're a strong boy. xxxxx
Back