• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. D

Difference

between baytril and septrin???? what is the main difference between these two, and is one more preferable? Troy has got a slight infection after his castration...one is still quite swollen :( and has to have septrin twice a day. the vet wants to see him again next week
  2. D

The boys are back!

Just got my two boys home from the vet after being castrated! Don't think they have noticed yet!! I have got them in a big cage in my living room for now. I have never seen them do this before, but they are grooming each other...it is sooo sweet :) Thanks to Hugo's there for putting me...
  3. D

Being neutered

My boys are going in for deplumming on mon. They will be staying at the vets till tues. Should i still keep them inside when they do come home? I have read that you don't put hay in their beds for a while....is this the case? What should i put in the base of their bed while they are...
  4. D

Cost of castration

Today I got my boys booked in to have their "bits" chopped off. As I am on DLA, the RSPCA are paying half the bill, but when they recieved the quote, they said it was quite expensive. I have been told it is £80 per rabbit. Is this expensive? The vet is very good, and i trust him, I know it is...
  5. D

Urgent Help Please U/D eye injury, having op

I have just brought Roxy home after spending 4 days at the vets in Stasis. THe vet told me that as they are 5yrs old, they should rebond no problem. However, they are fighting. Chasing around the garden, fur flying everywhere. Do I jsut leave them to it and let them sort themselves out??
  6. D

Got an unhappy bunny U/D Stasis

Roxy seems unhappy today. She didn't rush to me this morning like she normally does. I haven't seen her eat. She has been sat either with her back to the door of the shed all day, hiding in the corner, or sat in her bed (box) again, with her back to the entrance. She is now sat by the door...
  7. D

Quick question

I know a woman who has been breeding rabbits...she has 2 buns give birth in the last week or so. So she now has 13 babies. My question is....she describes 1 set of babies as giant lops. SHould these be treated as if they are giants, or cuz they are lops, are they are different type of bun...
  8. D

Building a bond

I have had my boys for a week now. Things have been great, been picking them up and giving them a cuddle everyday, and they have settled down great. One of my boys, Troy, is smaller than his brother, more skinny, and he seems a lot more affectionate towards me right now. Chad will sit with me...
  9. D

9 week old buns

As you may have read, I now have 2, 9 week old boys. I took them for a check up/sexing and their myxi jabs 2 days ago. They are happy in their hutch, with access to grass. I just want to know how I can make them happier and keep them amused. I feed them pellets and fresh veg with unlimited...
  10. D

Help with names please!! U/D

I picked up 2 9 week old babies this morning. THey are both black. I wanted to call them Wispa and Twix, but my hubby doens't like that! He then wanted to call them Jupiter and Saturn! I am not keen! Now he wants to call the male Merlin, again, I am not keen! As far as I know, i have one...
  11. D

dilemma

I have posted before about this, but it was a few weeks ago now. My friend knows someone who has baby rabbits, about 8 weeks old, maybe 9. She has rehomed some of them, but still has 7 or 8 to rehome. If she can't find homes for them she will give them to rescue. I really am tempted to give...
  12. D

2 settled buns and 2 babies

I have got two buns, approx 5 yrs in ages. How possible is it to introduce 2 babies and bond them to make a foursome? Some babies buns are becoming available, and I would love to give them a loving home, but don't want to upset my current 2... I want them to be able to live in the shed, there...
  13. D

Getting them to bed

DOn't know if i am posting this in the right place, so please forgive me if it's wrong! My buns have now been in their new home for 3 days, and have settled in well...much easier than I thought. However, the problem I have is getting them to go back in at the end of the day! I let them roam...
  14. D

Angelica

I am have asked this before, but I now have better pictures...can someone tell me what breed Angelica might be? sorry it's a little blurred Since she has been in her new pad with Roxy, I can actually stroke her now! She isn't totally comfortable with me doing it yet, but it's early days, and...
  15. D

Roxy & Angelica's new pad!

At long last, a chance to post pics! This is the bubble wrap and boarding Boarding up is finished, and the storage unit in to see how it fits! Frame ready for the window to be cut The window is in, a nice louvre window, solves a lot of potential problems! Lino has been laid, bed area...
  16. D

New Home behaviour

I finally got to move my two buns into their new home today :) But I am just a little concerned as to whether I am doing the right thing now. I had to pick them up to get them in there, I had never picked them up before, and it was a job to get hold of them! They did seem to get pretty...
  17. D

Made a start!

Well, I have made a start! I have the shed up, I managed to get hold of a 6x4 shiplap shed, bargain price :) It has no window, so i am putting one in, but I am putting in a greenhouse type flap window (i know what I mean, but not explaining it very well!). I have insulated the walls with...
  18. D

Freaked me out! Prob normal tho!

Today, I weeded my only flower bed, there is now only 3 plants in there, and lots of space with soil! Before today, altho Roxy and Angelica would go in there, they wouldn't spend much time in there. Now it's all weeded, they have started digging, which they haven't done before. Now, I know...
  19. D

Possible New Hutch

Can you tell me what you think to this Hutch? It is really a chicken coop but can be used a rabbit hutch. I am in two minds whether to get a cheaper (but still double decker hutch) and get a run to attach to it, or get this one, but give them free roam of the garden when I am at home...
  20. D

Roxy and Angelica

I am hoping someone might be able to tell me what breed my two adopted buns might be! This is Roxy, a very inquisitive little girl :) She actually fell asleep this morning when I was stroking her!! This is Angelica, a very pretty bun, but is quite shy and quiet! Cathy
Back