• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. natandfluffs

Metacam dosage help please

Hi all I've moved recently, so have a new vet. Found one I liked but had a emergency appointment today for stasis/dental issues, and had to see someone else. The dosing of Metacam is in a way I'm unfamiliar with- I've got Metacam dog 1.5mg/ml and have been told to give the dose for a 7.5kg...
  2. natandfluffs

Vibes for Charlie again please...?

He's in for another surgery- ear this time. His ear abscess is in fact a very severe ear infection so they're draining and putting a hole thru so it can drain at home :( I've never seen so much pus... I feel like a rubbish owner. I only took him in for a check up as it had been a while and...
  3. natandfluffs

kangaroo Charlie

:shock: Just jumped onto my shoulder from ground level twice while i was eating dinner tonight. He seems to have got the hint that jumping on my knee and then the dining table is not the thing to do and is now trying my shoulder... Wouldn't get off so i had to spend 5 minutes on my hands and...
  4. natandfluffs

Eating waste poop...

I've noticed Charlie eating a bit of poop over the last couple of days, just wondering if it's an attempt to take in more fibre? He's still eating well but had pus on his gums again at last check up and the jawbone infection is slowly coming up again, so his hay intake is dropping off slowly...
  5. natandfluffs

I don't know if I'm doing the right thing for Charlie

On top of his jaw bone infection (the abscess site for which is nearly healed) he devloped an abscess on the base of his ear last week. It's been lanced and we're treating a mild ear infection but my vet and I discussed that sirgery probably wasn't a great option (though he'd do it if I wanted...
  6. natandfluffs

Diluting hibiscrub to flush abscess

I've been using dilute potassium permanganate up til now and the vet had given me some pre-diluted hibiscrub. I'm just using hibiscrub from now, and have got myself my own bottle, but I'm not sure how dilute it needs to be? Any ideas?
  7. natandfluffs

Snuggles with my favourite boys

They jostled for position for a while but eventually found a compromise!!
  8. natandfluffs

folding runs

Doea anyone know where you can get one that is a decent size and quality? Ebay were a little disappointong. Longeat i can find is 6ft and the width is rubbish. They already have an attached 6x3 but i want to give more space for time on grass over the summer...
  9. natandfluffs

Charlie...

He may not be very well at the moment, but he seems pretty chilled...!
  10. natandfluffs

Charlie's jaw abcess/bone infection- not good-another abscess

I posted briefly about this in chat but want to start a thread here. I would really welcome any experience, advice and support please... and we need all the positive vibes we can get. Charlie had all his molars and premolars extracted a few weeks ago, and now has a crack in his jaw and a...
  11. natandfluffs

Can I have some healing vibes for Charlie please? UD not looking good...

I don't post very often but I could really do with any spare vibes or words of wisdom for Charlie at the moment. He came from BARC and had a rough start in life but is the sweetest little man... He had all his molars and premolars removed down the left side a couple of weeks ago and bounced...
  12. natandfluffs

Cleaning abcess site- help?!

Charlie had surgery on an abcess on his jawline this week. There was infection through the bone, and the wound has been left open so it can drain. The tricky bit (for me anyway)- I have to clean it twice daily as a minimum. I've been told I will need to get someone to get him on his side...
  13. natandfluffs

anyone else had this two weeks post tooth extraction? advice?!

Charlie had several cheek teeth removed two weeks ago tomorrow. There was pus beneath them and they were loose. Despite how big an op this was he was eating almost as soon as he came round and within 24 hours was eating normally. At check up he was put on septrin as there was still some put...
  14. natandfluffs

Thoughts re weight loss please

Hi all Can I use you as a sounding board please? Bubbles is rather skinny. Normally weights 1.7kg. At the vets in mid December he was 1.6kg- enough for me to take note but not to really worry. I thought a couple of weeks ago, while we had all the snow that both buns looked on the skinny...
  15. natandfluffs

Charlie is settling in....

I picked Charlie up from BARC a few weeks ago. I can honestly say I have never known such a confident bunny... which is amazing given where he came from. And I thought Pippin liked to climb but Charlie is something else!! He's hard to photograph because as soon as he sees a camera he comes...
  16. natandfluffs

alfalfa king oat wheat and barley hay

anyone know where is stocking it at the moment? hay experts are all out and it is the only hay charlie is remotely interested in...
  17. natandfluffs

Tell me everything you know about dental bunnys....

I'm considering taking one on but am thinking of the cost implications. He's a rescue and needed a dental (probably due to appalling diet) though apparently his teeth hadn't caused any damage to his mouth. We don't really know if he will need more or how many he'll need yet. So... dentals are...
  18. natandfluffs

French lops indoors

Hi Just wondering what sort of set ups people have for indoor french lops? I'm hoping to give the opportunity to mainly free range but also want a 'bunny only' area... what have you got? Do NIC set ups work and if you put a second level in an NIC set up would it support the weight of a...
  19. natandfluffs

Deciding when to let go- how do you know (old bunny)- u/d- he's gone

Hi all Not been on here much lately, no time with a toddler. Mr Fluff is now almost 15, and has on the whole been very well. He was diagnosed with glaucoma 6 months ago, which is well medicated and he has metacam for his arthritis, which has become progressively worse (understandably) For the...
  20. natandfluffs

how soon after jabs can I treat with advantage?

Bubbles has just had his (combined) vaccs- he's due a treatment of advantage for mites too- how soon can I give it, does anyone know?
Back