• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by TheBee

1. TheBee

hutch recommendations please

Chartwell are about the strongest ‘mainstream’ brand out there, unless you had one custom made.
  2. TheBee

Demesticated rabbits spotted at Epping forest

How did you manage to catch the bunnies that were wild in the forest? They must be very newly dumped, we have never taken a stray rabbit in that is in perfect condition with a glossy coat and good body condition.
  3. TheBee

That doesn’t look like a bunny that has been living wild…! Are all your own rabbits neutered and fully vaccinated now?
  4. TheBee

100% this :)
  5. TheBee

Lucky almost ripped the radiator cover off the wall

Use pen panels to block access.
  6. TheBee

suggestions for walk in run

Whereabouts are you? Contact local woodworkers and handy men and ask if they can make you something. You’ll need to specify 16gauge weldmesh which is the expensive part but it’s likely going to be cheaper than buying from a specific small animal housing co.
  7. TheBee

Lion Head rabbits

Presumably you have informed the rescue, as the owner will have signed an adoption contract stating that the rabbit must be returned to them if for whatever reason the owner couldn’t keep her.
  8. TheBee

127 Mesh Grids

Yes they do. Guinea pig sites would be your best bet, although bun people still use them too. Piggies generally are rehomed to grid pens from reputable rescues.
  9. TheBee

Lamb Chop my albino lop bunny

Not being neutered is exactly why he’s behaving in this way :)
  10. TheBee

Saying goodbye to the baby rabbits I rescued

Interesting. I rescue, and have done for over ten years. Certainly had a very different experience to yourself :)
  11. TheBee

That is definitely not correct, Infact it couldn’t get further from it. Unspayed does are far from gentle and friendly!
  12. TheBee

Ok. Different to my experience in hundreds of rabbits then :)
  13. TheBee

At the moment there is no bond between them. Just a ‘baby bond’ - called so because babies will pretty much always get along with anyone. Until they mature.
  14. TheBee

If Lacey isn’t neutered which you state she isn’t then she should not be in contact with the babies.
  15. TheBee

Spayed Rabbit

You would be unlikely to see a scar if it isn’t recent. We usually ultrasound them to check, then if still unclear they go in to be spayed.
Back